Little known, the ripper is easy to use for amateurs. Equipped with suitable cutters (there is a very wide range), it performs various operations: milling, molding, chamfering. The speed of rotation of its engine is always very high (more than 7500 to 8000 rpm and up to 28000tr / min.) This machine presents a real security if the instructions of use indicated (valid for all of these equipments (remove from the power supply): Disconnect the plug before mounting a cutter (or tool) or make an adjustment Check that the locknut holding the tool is tight Always hold the router with both hands and do not push on the machine to go faster: the grooving must be smooth and smooth Check the correct attachment of the workpiece.
- Strawberry with a round bottom
- Half-moon strawberry
- V groove milling cutter
- Double shape romance
- Straight cutter double cut
- Straight straight cutter
- Angular milling cutter
- Prepare the router
- Make a groove and pose a hinge
- The different strawberries
Prepare the router
1. The machine is equipped with a 500 W electric motor, which communicates to the milling drive shaft a rotation speed of 27,000 rpm. This high speed, communicated by direct drive, ensures the perfect completion of the work done. The machine has a safety switch (orange) that allows the user to start or stop without releasing the handles. The device, intended for precise work, is held with both hands, using the two side handles. The black toothed ring is used to adjust the depth of the cutter. The lower part comprises a round base plate. The device comes with a mobile guide mounted on two parallel rods. A series of strawberries accompanies the machine.
2. The cutters lock with two keys. To mount the cutters always take care to unplug the machine to prevent accidental starting. Lay the router on the workbench (or place it upside down on the flat engine cover). Push the cutter rod into the center hole until it stops. Lift the cutter by 2 mm and lock it with the keys. The first key keeps the drive shaft stationary; the other blocks the fixing nut. Unlocking and disassembling the cutter is done by following the opposite procedure.
3. The guide attaches to the router base using two hex nuts and butterfly screws. Put in place the rods. The distance between the guide and the router plate is adjusted by sliding the guide on the rods. Place a meter in the groove on the fence to measure exactly the distance from the edge of the fence to the cutter, and tighten the screws.
4. Adjust the depth of the cutter by loosening the clamping nut on the motor block. Turn the toothed ring to put the motor in the up position, then put the cutter at the height of the round plate. Tighten the nut. Reattach the serrated ring to set the bur to zero. The arrow markers located on the handles make it possible to note the position of the ring. Each notch of the ring causes a displacement of 0.4 mm of the cutter. After the adjustment, test a fall of wood for verification.
Make a groove and pose a hinge
1. To dig a groove, hold the fence firmly against the workpiece. Make sure the board is stable and flat.
2. To make a groove in a thin room, tighten it between two others using clamps. This technique allows to practice straight grooves through the use of a guide.
3. The installation of hinges on the edge of a door or window implies a very precise grooving. First draw the hinge on the wood.
4. Mill using the router after adjusting the depth of the cutter to match the thickness of the hinge. Hold the door between the jaws of the workbench.
5. Finish cutting with a chisel to dig the hinge.
6. Put the hinge in place and screw it down. The use of the router allows the quick and precise placement of several hinges.
The different strawberries
Strawberries with a particular profile make it possible to create decorative motifs. The double-sided shape cutter mounted here is used for freehand moldings (without a guide) on the edge of a room: furniture top or door frame, for example. Circular-bottom milling cutters are used for decorative grooves and half-moon milling cutters for grooves (for example, a window shelf drain groove). V-groove cutters are suitable for chamfering or embedding screw heads. Straight straight strawberries are used for the realization of mortises and tenons, and that of various assemblies.
For flush or chamfer laminates and laminates, very hard, it is necessary to use special strawberries, high quality. Always cut the veneer keeping a margin and wait for the glue to dry (after removing the excess).
The realization of a groove remote from the edge of the room makes it impossible to use the guide. Attach a piece of wood with well-erected edges as a grooving guide.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Use a router
- Sanding with flexible abrasive
- How to make a wall unit?
- Use a jointer to work the wood
- Proper use of a vibrating sander
- Sanding with a disc
- Correctly use a portable milling machine
- Turn a drill press into a milling machine
- Use a drill correctly
This may interest you