- Favor a gentle wash for flax
- Remove brands of household products on linen
- Eliminate food stains on linen
- To leave the various traces on linen
The natural fibers that make up linen fabrics and clothing break easily when not properly maintained. A stubborn stain, for example, may discolor and alter the suppleness of the textile. Carefully cleaning it with proper linen care will help maintain its soft characteristics.
Favor a gentle wash for flax
Flax fibers can be damaged by frequent washing or encrusted dirt. To prevent this from happening, it is best to take the initiative to wash the splashed part as soon as the stain appears. The best way to preserve the material and the color is to use sweet products. However, it is important to know that using a washing machine or dry cleaning will help wrinkle the fabric. The ideal would be the washing by hand. Indeed, this operation is to be carried out smoothly taking into account the various steps recommended. It should be noted that there are two hand cleaning techniques, including the stain removal and the bath.
- Stain removal involves applying the detergent directly on the spot, rinse and dry the clothes in the open air. This technique contributes to preservation of flax fibers known for their high sensitivity to moisture.
- The bath is to immerse the laundry in a sink, in a basin or in the bath if it displays a large volume. Then just pour the detergent and scrub gently. The rinsing step is done in a cold water bath. For drying, it can be done in a tumble dryer or in the open air.
Remove brands of household products on linen
Occasionally, clothing or linen linens are accidentally stained during the household. Depending on the nature of the stain, it is quite possible to get rid of it by adopting the right gestures
- For polishing stains, simply remove the fresh product with a spoon. Then use a cloth soaked inlighter essence or white spirit to clean the affected part before sending it to the washing machine.
- For bleach stains, rub the mark using a piece of cotton impregnated withoxygenated water, then send it directly to the washing machine.
- For fabric softener stains, it is best to soak the garment in foam-based bath. Marseille's soap diluted before rinsing with clean water.
Eliminate food stains on linen
There are many foods that can leave ugly marks on flax.
- Red wine: it cleans itself with Marseille's soap before going to the washing machine.
- White wine: spread absorbent paper on the stained area at first. Using a cotton swab soaked in household alcohol, then dab the targeted part. Pass a sponge moistened with vinegar before finishing stain removal in the washing machine.
- Coffee: Scrape an entire soap on the soiled part and finish with a machine wash.
- Vegetable food oil: pour salt on the splashed area. Wait a whole day, the time that the chemical reactions operate, before gently dabbing everything with a sponge soaked with a solution of Marseille soap.
- Butter: use a piece of cotton impregnated withammonia diluted on the trace. Leave on for a few minutes before sending everything to the washing machine.
- Chewing gum: first remove excess chewing gum previously frozen and solidified (using a few blocks of ice). A cutter will do the trick. Then, polish the rest with a sponge pre-soaked in white vinegar or90° alcohol.
- Mayonnaise: gently rub the affected area with a cotton soaked in vinegar, then pass the laundry to the machine.
- Turmeric: use a piece of cloth moistened with dishwashing liquid to polish the stain before putting the laundry into the washing machine.
To leave the various traces on linen
Other products and accidents can stain on a garment or linen cloth. To overcome this, it is advisable to apply the good tips:
- For a brand of oil paint, make the stain disappear with white spirit. Wait until the detergent dries in the open air before washing with the machine.
- For a water-based paint brand, send the laundry directly to the machine by adjusting it upstream on a cycle identical to that adopted for cotton fabric.
- For fuel stains (tar, fuel oil or fuel oil), remove the fat from the surface with an abrasive sponge. Dab gently with cotton moistened with chlorinated solvent. Pour a bit of Sommières soil on the affected area. Leave on for a few minutes before treating with a broom.
- For traces of mold, moisten the spotted part with28% ammonia before going to the washing machine.
- For a brand of gasoline, soak the flax in a vinegar-filled vat before completing the machine wash.
- For a soot stain, sprinkle the soiled area with diluted scouring agent. Continue the treatment with a little bleach applied with a damp sponge and finish with a rinse with clean water.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to clean cotton well: practical tips
- How to clean viscose well: practical tips
- How to remove a stain of lipstick?
- How to clean synthetic clothes?
- How to maintain the laundry with Marseille soap?
- How to clean suede without damaging it?
- How to clean his jeans without damaging them?
- How to clean lace without damaging it?
- Practical tips to organize your dressing room
- How to clean a stain of gasoline on a garment?
- How to properly clean and maintain silk?
- How to clean and detach tulle?
- How to clean satin clothes?
- How to clean your coat: practical tips
- How to properly clean suede clothes?
- How to wash and detach woolen clothes?
- How to clean copper with natural products?
This may interest you