In an attic, every square centimeter counts. The inclination of the roof panels is often an obstacle to the installation of a swing door or a sliding door. The only solution is often to make a specific sliding door, wall or wall. This type of door facilitates movement and saves space.
- Circular saw
- Sawing guide
1. After carefully measuring the slope of the roof and the opening to be made, proceed to the cutting of the wood panel (prefer the MDF). Mark the location of the attachment points.
2. With a suitable cutter, dig the housing for anchoring the guide parts up and down.
3. Attach the guide piece and a minimum of two rollers on the underside to the top of the door.
3. Using a router, dig a groove on two cleats to insert previously cut PVC rails to the correct length.
4. Then glue the first rail to the floor, across the full width of the opening and up to the door stop, using MS glue.
5. The second rail is positioned at door height so that the guide piece, fixed at the top of it, fits perfectly there.
6. With both rails firmly fixed, all you have to do is insert the door between them: the casters at the bottom and the guide at the top.
7. Attach a wooden batten to the wall so that the door comes to the top to open. You can finally hide the whole by screwing a counter-partition.
(photos / visuals: © System D, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to fix the low rail of a sliding cabinet door on floating floors?
- How to put a sliding door?
- DIY tips
- Navibloc® Placo®: a retractable door block
This may interest you