Installing a simple towel warmer like this is a breeze, especially when you have a recessed box power supply. It is then limited to the attachment of the device and the connection of two son, via a domino. It can be installed in Volume 2 of the bathroom if it is class II, so double insulated. The connection of models with pilot wire control or even powerline (PLC) is more complex.
- Electrician's screwdriver
- Fixing kit
- Fix the towel dryer
- Connect the heated towel rail
Fix the towel dryer
1. Before proceeding with the electrical connection of your appliance, be sure to respect the standards in force.
2. We will start by installing the fixings.
3. Locate the locations of your bindings using the bubble level.
4. Drill on your landmarks before pegging and screwing your bindings. Check level, and adjust if necessary.
5. Assemble the second part of the bindings.
6. You can finally clip the towel dryer onto its support.
Connect the heated towel rail
1. Attention! As with every intervention on the power grid, do not forget to turn off the power.
2. Unscrew the wire cover.
3. Connect the wires. Note that the blue wire corresponds to the neutral, and the brown wire to the phase. There is no ground connection as the unit is double insulated.
4. Connect the wires to the domino or connection dies. You can also use connectors. This simple model has no pilot wire.
5. Reposition the wire cover and screw it down. Finish by blocking the cable clamp. Restore the power.
6. Finally, test the correct operation of your device.
(photos / visuals: © Castorama, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Can we heat shower screens?
- How to connect a towel dryer in a bathroom?
- DIY tips
- How to create a walk-in shower?
- Balneo shower column
This may interest you