A solar roller shutter makes it possible both to manage the night-time blindness of the roof window with shutter, to prevent overheating of the room lit by strong sunshine or to isolate it from the cold, and to attenuate the noise of a heavy rain on the glazing. He is also involved in improving safety. Its assembly can be done in one hour only. It works thanks to its photovoltaic cell capturing the solar energy transformed into electricity accumulated in the battery located in the trunk, whatever the luminosity, in a completely autonomous way. No wired electrical installation is necessary. It is animated by a remote control.
- Flat screwdriver
- 3 mm Ø bit
- Programming the Velux shutter remote control
- Velux roller shutter installation on the window
Programming the Velux shutter remote control
1. Open the window to find its references: the identification plate is at the top, right or left of the opening. Note the type of your window as well as the dimensional code.
2. Before proceeding with the installation of the shutter on the window, it is necessary to program the rolling shutter with the remote control. Remove the cover on the side to access the switch (use the star-shaped tip provided).
3. Set the switch to the "I" position and wait about 10 seconds.
4. Press the "P" button until the roller shutter emits three short buzzes. The recording must be done within 10 minutes.
5. After hearing the three buzzes, record the shutter in the remote control by pressing the RESET button on the back of the remote control for up to 1 second, using a pointed object. Warning: the remote control must not be used until the shutter is installed.
Velux roller shutter installation on the window
1. Temporarily remove the profiles on each side of the window. Be careful to note their respective positions for their subsequent reinstatement.
2. You can now proceed to the installation of the shutter on the window.
3. Drill a hole 3 mm in diameter at the marked spot on the window profile. Secure the profile at the bottom. Screw it at the bottom of the window.
4. The screws of the bottom profiles and and the short profiles of the frame are removed while attaching the side rails.
5. Secure the roller shutter side profiles in the round holes.
6. Fully engage and lower the roller shutter box.
7. Integrate the roller shutter box into the roofing material as much as possible. Engage the safety screws on each side of the boot.
8. Slide the side rails into the boot of the flap.
9. Fit the side rails. Fix the hinge pins.
10. You just have to screw the opening limiters. They will allow the shutter to be removable. It may accompany the opening of the window.
11. The roller shutter can be operated with the remote control. Press the "Stop" button and then immediately the descent button. Let it go all the way down.
12. The solar roller shutter is ready for use. Closed, it will stop 93% of the heat in summer and reinforce the insulation in winter.
The other VELUX® tips
- DIY tips
Mounting a roof window
Rain noise roof window (ABP)
Triple glazed roof window
Solar collectors on roof
Install a solar powered motorized roof window
All about connected roof windows
VELUX® Sun Tunnel Natural Skylight
Installation of an internal blind
System of peripheral connections of the roof windows
Interior blinds for roof windows
Window-dome for flat roofs
Sun Tunnel VELUX® by Lovegrove
Active Velux Kit for rolling shutters
Replacement of roof windows
Install a VELUX® Sun Tunnel Light Pipe
Maintain your Velux roof window with a dedicated maintenance kit
Installing on a Velux roof window a solar rolling shutter
Change an interior blind of Velux roof window
Velux Integra® Motorized Roof Window
Laying a roof window
Tutorial: How to install a solar roller shutter
3D presentation of the Velux® Air and Light House
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Shutter boxes in 5 questions
- Roller shutter letting the light through
- Solar rolling shutter in low sun
- Motorization of shutters
- Electric shutter
- Adjustable roller shutters
- How to change windows and shutters?
- Shutter for glass roofs and verandas in new and renovation
- Independent electric rolling shutter ID2
- Electric roller shutter for new and renovation
- Activ'Home, the rolling shutter with adjustable blades
- DIY tips
- Install a shutter with a trunk on the front
- How to install a motorisation kit for shutters?
- Shutters: energy saving systems
- Wooden shutters: pose
- How to make wooden shutters?
- Roller shutters in renovation
- Shutters in creation
This may interest you