The roller shutter replaces the old shutters or articulated shutters of houses of the 1970s. Sober, they clear the window of any apparent element when they are reassembled. The models with external trunk dispense with important work and, above all, avoid thermal losses by the formwork. Their motorization, planned now almost always of origin, considerably facilitates their handling. Such a shutter can be included in a home automation control of all the doors of the house.
- Measuring and tracing kit (meter, pencil, bubble level, scribing point)
- Screwdriver set
- Electrician's screwdriver
- Hammer drill
- Screwdriver drill
- Roller shutter and accessories
- Installing the shutter
- Electrically connect the roller shutter
Installing the shutter
1. We will install a roller shutter on the front. With this type of installation, the trunk will be visible from the outside and applied to the facade.
2. For fixings, we will drill a pilot hole on the slides about 20 cm from the ends and then every 60 cm maximum.
3. Once your pilot holes have been drilled, widen them to facilitate the passage of the screw head.
4. To facilitate the passage of the shutter's electrical cable, drill into the corner of the window frame.
5. The slides are delivered disassembled, fit temporarily on the chest.
6. Position the roller shutter. Check the level of the first slide and locate the location of the fasteners on the masonry.
7. Drill your markers with a suitable drill bit before pegging.
8. Reposition the assembly against the wall and screw the first slide.
9. Check the parallelism using a cleat that will serve as a template. Locate the top gap between the slides and place it at the bottom of the flap.
10. Now locate the fasteners of the second slide.
11. Unscrew the shutter in order to pierce and peel.
12. You can now insert the power cable.
13. Reposition the flap and permanently fix the slides.
14. Finish by inserting the screw caps.
Electrically connect the roller shutter
1. First of all, do not forget to turn off the power.
2. Open the electrical box.
3. Route the cable through the housing.
4. Prepare the wires for the connection.
5. Connect the shutter motor to its up and down control.
6. Close the electrical box and turn on the power.
7. Finally, test the operation of your shutter.
(photos / visuals: © Castorama, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Shutter boxes in 5 questions
- Insulation and shutter
- DIY tips
- Installation of a Velux® solar rolling shutter
- Shutter for glass roofs and verandas in new and renovation
- Independent electric rolling shutter ID2
- ATIX roller shutter for roof windows
- Electric roller shutter for new and renovation
- Activ'Home, the rolling shutter with adjustable blades
This may interest you