The traditional wire fence can be mounted on cement poles (as here) or on metal poles. It often meets three objectives: properly delimit a land, protect itself from an intrusion (people, animals) other than through the gate and prevent going out (especially animals). The effectiveness of a fence is even greater than the son on which it is attached, are well tensioned.
- Flat pliers
- Cutting pliers
- Bubble level
- Adjustable wrench
1. The grill is often laid from a portal pillar. A vertical bar serves as a starting point: in non-twisted concrete iron, it is threaded into rings, themselves attached to the pillar. From this bar leave the strained iron wires on which the mesh is hooked.
2. On a concrete end pole, the connection is made through holes drilled right through its thickness. The wire is locked with metal keys, placed transversely to the hole. Before attaching the wire to these keys, pass it through the eyecup (at the top or bottom) of each of the intermediate poles.
3. The most commonly used tension accessory is the conventional tensioner (next legend). This simpler tensioner, tends to spread, because, above all, of its convenience of use. It works from an uncut wire, unlike the conventional tensioner. However, it has one disadvantage: it can be easily relaxed by a bad joker; this is not the case of a conventional tensioner.
4. The classic tensioner consists of a sheet metal casing and a cylinder around which is wound the wire that we want to tender. It acts on two distinct segments of wire. To use it, you need a key that takes over the square of the cylinder. This tensioner has the advantage of a better dosed tension, which can be corrected periodically.
5. The grill itself should not be subjected to excessive tension. If it is plastic, it breaks; if it is metal, it is deformed. The mesh is simply subject to the tension wire by annealed wire of small section. If it relaxes, simply tighten it, by hand, fixing it again at the ends.
6. The end post can be unsealed by the tension resulting from the action of the tensioners. To avoid this unfortunate incident, place a leg (known in the country under the name of back-up): securely stuck in the ground, it maintains the end or corner post, opposing the forces that exercise on him.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Grids for fence
- To put a fence in roasting panels
- Plastic fence (PVC)
- How to build a concrete fence
- Questions answers
- How to anchor a pole on a concrete slab?
This may interest you