It is possible to fix a mirror (without frame or frame) by sticking it directly on a smooth support such as tiling, stone, brick, varnished wood, metal and most plastics. This type of attachment is suitable for mirrors 70 x 70 cm up to 4 mm thick.
1. Begin by thoroughly degreasing the back of the mirror with alcohol. It is important that the mirror is perfectly degreased for the double-sided tape to adhere properly.
2. Unroll parallel tape and glue it to the back of the mirror. Space them about 3 to 5 cm.
3. Cut the strips of double-sided tape a few inches from the edge of the mirror.
4. Adhere the double-sided adhesive tape well by whispering on the finger.
5. Apply parallel strips of double-sided tape over the entire back of the mirror.
6. Carefully peel off the protective paper on the back of the adhesive strips. Be careful not to touch the adhesive surface.
7. Degrease the surface to accommodate the mirror (here tiles) as you did for the back of the mirror.
8. Apply the mirror to the support, making sure that the tape is oriented vertically or at an angle. Do not do this operation below 10° C.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
Other Tesa's advices
- DIY tips
Use an ultra clear masking tape
Repair with a super resistant canvas tape
Use a masking tape straight lines
Secure a shelf with tesa® two-sided tape
Double-sided adhesive tape Special Mirrors (tesa)
Tape fixation Xtreme 500 kg (tesa)
Straight Line Masking Tape (tesa)
Masking Tape Perfect Finishes - ultra sharp edges (tesa)
A tarpaulin combined with a masking tape: tesa Easy Cover® Premium Film
Tesa® silicone insulation seal for doors and windows
Tesa repair a pipe
Secure a shelf to the wall with double-sided tape tesa® Xtreme
Paint accurately with tesa® masking tape
Tesa® Silicone Caulking Seal: Door Insulation
Seal joints with Teflon StopWater Tape® tesa®
Easy Cover® paint cover Tesa®
On the same topic
- Ideal for fastening objects to metal: DOUBLEfix UHU fixing pads
- Secure without Pierce X Premium by Sader®
- Fasten without Drilling XInvisible by Sader®
This may interest you