The installation of several phone jacks in an apartment or a villa can move the device or install multiple stations. Equipment approved by the PTT must be used. (The telephone sockets proposed by the manufacturers are generally so) and make the connections using an extension cable.
- Wire stripper
- Electric drill
- Phone extension
1. Place the extension cable in one of the baseboard compartments: it is thus isolated from normal electrical circuits (sockets), which ensures safety. Strip the cable conductors with a wire stripper. Since the conductors are very thin, set the wire stripper accurately so as not to damage their metal core. The device itself consists of a bracket, to be fixed to the wall, a plug cover and a plate with plastron.
2. Attach the hood mount to the wall above the baseboard. To achieve a solid attachment, drill with an electric drill, then peg and screw strongly. Allow enough cable length to place it in the hood. The fixing of the telephone socket directly on the wall gives it a better rigidity and a good resistance to pulling. These are essential qualities for a phone jack: we often tend to pull on the wire by moving with the phone (it is a defect that should avoid anyway). The support comprises a housing with screw thread, intended to receive the fastening screw of the cover.
3. Run the cable through the hood; the conductors must be stripped to a considerable length.
4. Then make the connections by tightening the terminal screws. The plate, independent, fits into the hood.
5. The front panel of the telephone socket is fixed to the cover by simply pressing it. This assembly with top cover is not reserved for the telephone socket; it is also suitable for an ordinary socket having to be particularly resistant to pulling. Plug in the phone, after screwing in the jack cover. Saw cut the baseboard cover to the proper length; make a cut line to saw straight.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Problem of connection TV and Internet on network multimedia at home
- DIY tips
- Viabilization: connection to networks
- RJ 45 phone jack: connection diagram
This may interest you