A wireless bell allows, in principle, an installation without wired connection, requiring only the fixing of a button on the outside, at the level of the gate, the gate or the entrance door and, on the other hand, that of the doorbell itself, which can also be "nomadic". You can take him to different rooms in the house. She can follow you to the back of the garden. Another advantage: the device is powered by batteries and not low voltage (220 V), which guarantees total electrical safety.
- Meter and pencil
- Electrician's screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- Bubble level
- Hammer drill
Preparing the bell and its button
1.Open the button housing with an electrician's screwdriver.
2. The bell button is powered, here, by a flat battery. Place it in its slot respecting the polarity (usually the "+" towards you.
3. Close the case by snapping it in place. Its sealing is thus guaranteed.
4. Slide the front panel of the doorbell.
5. Put the 3 "AA" size batteries into their slots. Again check the polarity, so the direction of introduction of batteries.
6. Check the operation of the doorbell. The "music note" button is used to select the ringtone. You can choose between different tones or melodies.
7. Confirm your choice by pressing the doorbell button.
8. The ring volume can be adjusted here with the "speaker" button.
9. The front panel being glazed you can customize the doorbell as you wish.
10. To identify yourself on the bell button, remove the glass from the doorbell.
11. Put a label with your name in the slot provided for this purpose.
12. Replace the glass on the doorbell button.
Push button and doorbell
1. Place a mark on the wall or on the gate pillar, here 1 m from the ground.
2. Draw a line on the mark with the bubble level.
3. Position the button's protective housing on the line. Mark the drilling locations in pencil.
4. Draw a cross at the drilling locations.
5. Drill at the markers with a drill adapted to the nature of the wall.
6. Take anchors suitable for masonry. Hammer them down.
7. Position the doorbell button plate in the protective case.
8. Prime the screwing by hand. Tighten the screws with a Phillips screwdriver.
9. Replace the front of the doorbell button. Clip it.
10. Place the doorbell inside, where you want, up to 100 m from the button.
11. You can also attach the doorbell to the wall.
12. Test the doorbell.
(photos / visuals: © DIY Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- Installing a wireless doorbell
This may interest you