- Between the rafters: install the first layer of insulation
- You want to insulate your attic at € 1?
- Between rafters and furs: install the second layer of insulation
- Install a vapor barrier
- Install the drywall
The two-layer insulation between rafters and sub-creepers is effective and limits the loss of interior volumes in the attic.
- Screw the metal hangers on the side of the rafters by spacing the lines by 60 cm.
- Use a nylon cord to position them.
Between the rafters: install the first layer of insulation
- Measure the distance between each chevron and cut out glass wool strips by adding 1 cm in width.
- Each lé will thus hold without fixation.
You want to insulate your attic at € 1?
Test your eligibility by filling out the form below:
- Slide each side between the rafters.
- Work from top to bottom to make the job easier.
- Wear gloves, glass wool is irritating.
- Place the strips flush with the rafters.
- The thickness of the insulation must correspond to the height of the rafters minus 2 to 4 cm (air gap to ventilate the roof).
Between rafters and furs: install the second layer of insulation
- Measure and cut metal furs with a sheet metal shear.
- They are then clipped without tools on the lines.
- Slide the second layer of insulation behind the metal furring (without air gap) by putting the vapor barrier (craft paper) into the room.
- Glue double-sided tape along each of the metal furs to glue the future protective film.
Install a vapor barrier
- For better airtightness, add an independent vapor barrier.
- Apply the film bridging slightly back against the gable wall.
- Cover the entire surface with the vapor barrier film, making sure each strip overlaps the previous one by at least 10 cm.
- Make the joints between the vapor barrier strips using special tape grouting at each fitting.
- To make the adhesion to the masonry more resistant, fix the return of the vapor barrier against the wall sprocket, with putty sealant.
Install the drywall
- Screw the finishing coat into the furs (here a plasterboard).
- Then cut the excess of the membrane against the pinion.