My daughter has just acquired a PHENIX brand house, a question about the insulation of the attics lost. Insulation is found in the attic in some places only: is it normal given a metal frame?
Whatever the type of framework, it is not normal that there is a lack in the insulation layer. If the house is relatively old, it may be due to aging of the insulation: wind, settlement, passage of rodents, etc. even a poorly done pose at the time. If these gaps are punctual, they can be filled with glass wool or rock in bulk. If the insulation seems really too degraded, you can call on a company, which will add, by projection, an additional thickness of insulation on the entire surface of the roof.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Space problem to isolate the attic
- How to strengthen an existing insulation?
- How to move safely in attics lost?
- What about an under-roof insulation made of polyurethane foam panels?
- DIY tips
- Insulate the floor of semi-convertible attic
This may interest you