The insulation of the pipes of a central heating allows real savings by avoiding any loss of heat. This insulating sheath, new material coming on the market, stands out first of all by its ease of implementation. One push, and the zipper does the rest. This insulating sheath (Thermaflex) is available in different diameters (from 12 to 133 mm). It does not absorb mold and protects the pipes from corrosion. Highly efficient, it saves about 25 m3 of gas per meter of protected pipe.
- Pair of scissors
- Insulating sheath
- Laying sleeves on straight pipes
- Laying sleeves on bent pipes
Laying sleeves on straight pipes
1. The length of this insulating sheath is made without difficulty. To cut it, you just need a pair of scissors. A cutter is also suitable.
2. Place the insulation tube around the piping, always closing on the outside.
3. One press is enough to close the slide: the upper rail snaps into place and the sheath closes.
Laying sleeves on bent pipes
1. The insulation of a T-pipe is not difficult. Carry out the sheath blank under the pipe to be insulated. With a pencil, mark the location mark of the T. Cut a square at this point, consisting of two triangles on each side of the zipper. Then place the insulation sleeve on the piping.
2. The insulation of this T and this elbow require special cuts. Make a slightly rounded cut for the portion of the sheath that comes on the square around the horizontal pipe. If the connection is not precise enough, push the rounded end of the duct slightly into the previously formed square. Make a miter cut (at 45°) at the other end of the sleeve, for the elbow. Practice another miter cut on the insulating jacket that will dress the right side of the pipe. Join these two ends: the elbow is covered.
3. The complete insulation of these pipes, quickly realized, does not require a big investment: it is anyway amortized in one year.
(photos / visuals: © DIY Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Central heating: pipes, radiators, heated floor
- Insulate hoses with adhesive sleeves
This may interest you