All regular and healthy frames can be insulated from the outside. It is most often during the repair of the roof that one opts for this type of solution, after cleaning and treatment of old chevrons or even replacement of the most dilapidated. But we can also deposit the cover to put in place this insulation which allows to take advantage of an increased habitable volume, the beauty and the charm of an apparent framework and a thermo-acoustic insulation performance. But this site is technical, do not hesitate to entrust it to a professional company as many options are possible.
- Roofmate (polystyrene) or Luro (glass wool) panels
- Vario Duplex Climate Membrane
- Vario adhesive tape KB 1
- HPV roof underlay
- Roofmate TG-X system
- Luro system
- Implementation of Luro insulation in sarking
Roofmate TG-X system
Roof mate TG-X extruded polystyrene foam panels, which are compatible with all types of roofs and roofs, have high mechanical properties giving them high rigidity. Machined on the four edges (grooves / tongues), they guarantee a total continuity of the insulation and the absence of thermal bridges. Their implementation is simple: the fixing of the chevrons is done, for example, using twisted nails. It is a very efficient solution for thermal insulation of roofs.
The glass wool option offers an effective thermo-acoustic insulation to airborne noise (road noise) and impact noise (rain, hail). Impervious to its mineral nature, the Luro panel is rendered non-hydrophilic to withstand accidental wetting. Its compressive strength allows all types of covers. The fixing of the counter-chevrons on the insulation is carried out with special screws with double thread, the screws SFS Twin.
This solution also called "sarking" technique offers a comfort and a decor to live. It enhances, within the sub-slope, the warm aspect of the apparent wood frame.
Implementation of Luro insulation in sarking
1. A marking every 10 cm on the Luro panels facilitates their cutting. The counter-chevrons adapted to the existing frame must be of 60 mm of minimum width and placed in line with the rafters. The location of the counter-rafters can be easily materialized by their location at the bottom of the slope and on the ridge line. They are fixed with SFS Twin screws until flush with the screw heads on the counter-chevron. The screws are depressed at an angle of 30° (alternatively, upwards then downwards of each counter), which offers excellent resistance to tearing.
2. In 2-layer version, Luro panels are placed edge to edge and offset joints. Above 900 m altitude, to mitigate the risk of infiltration of powder snow, a roof underlay must be provided on the Luro panels.
(photos / visuals: © Isover doc, except special mention)
ISOVER develops high-performance thermal and acoustic insulation solutions for better energy efficiency of buildings, optimum comfort for their occupants and greater respect for the environment.
The other tips from Isover
- DIY tips
Insulate the floor of semi-convertible attic
Insulate the attic floor with loose wool
Insulation of a wooden floor by the ceiling
Insulate from the inside of the attic
Inner insulation of walls by thermo-acoustic lining
Phonically isolate the ceiling without losing space
Insulation of lost attics (blown wool)
Insulating doubling glued on regular walls
Counter-partition masonry in front of the insulation
Realize simple insulation under framework with insulation on fur
Lay a double layer of insulation under the roof
Light acoustic partition between two rooms
Insulation of floors and floors
Low thickness sound insulation for walls
Attic insulation by the exterior renovation
Insulation from the outside (Optex system)
Implementation of the Opt'Air Membrane in Optima Wall System
Insulate walls from the inside
Insulate your roof
Thermal insulation from the outside (ITE), with glass wool, under attached cladding
Lost roofs: priority insulation
The first Insulation based on wood fiber and glass wool (Isover)
ISOVER® reinvents glass wool
Optima Sonic by Isover: for high-performance sound insulation
Insulation of the attic by the under-roof
Insulation of the attic walls from the inside
How to insulate converted attics
How to insulate attics lost with a wool to unroll
How to insulate attics lost with a wool to blow
How to insulate walls from the outside (I.T.E.)
The principles of RT 2012
The application "Isover insulation solutions" for smartphone
Life cycle of glass wool
Isov'Air, the first air-tight self-checking machine
Airtightness: Opt'Air foaming membrane
How to insulate a wall from the inside
Insulation system under roof system Vario Confort d'Isover
Thermal insulation of roofs from outside by Integra Réno d'Isover system
Thermal insulation of walls from the outside (ITE) by Isover Optex system
Interior wall insulation with Optima system Walls of Isover
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Which solution of insulation of the roof by the outside to retain?
- How to insulate the attic of a house in the south of France
- How to renovate and isolate a cover?
- How to insulate a fiber cement cover?
- Insulation of the roof from the outside with TERREAL NRJ +
- Outdoor roof insulation: Monier Clima Comfort system
- Insulation between rafters or between joists very simply (K Therm Chevron from Home Pratik)
- DIY tips
- UNISO exterior insulation manufactured by MYRAL
- Insulate a roof from the outside by laying seasoned caissons
- Use of scales
- Lay composite panels and glass wool under the slope
This may interest you