- How to detect the presence of mice or rats?
- Solutions to prevent infestation of mice and rats
- Treatments against mice and rats
You think that mice or rats have taken up residence in your home. At the origin of this suspension: feces larger or smaller, noises scratching at night or gnawed materials. Call a pest control company without delay!
Invasion of rats and mice in a house: what to do?
How to detect the presence of mice or rats?
The houses are a pleasant and comfortable place for these rodents since all the materials are close by to build the nest and food is easy to find in these places with their well developed sense of smell.
Mice and rats hide in dark recesses of a house like the attic but they can also leave traces behind your refrigerator, under your furniture, beds, sofas, radiators or curtains going to the ground or even behind appliances placed on your worktop.
Seeing these rodents is very rare because they move at night but if you see excrement In the places mentioned above, there is a good chance that your home is infested with mice or rats.
Other clues can put the flea in the ear when at this unwanted presence:
- As soon as night falls, scratching noises in walls or ceilings due to their movements.
- of the traces of teeth in various matters that are in your home. Be careful, they also gnaw at the electric cables which can cause fires.
- of the traces of fat left on the wall, the floor or the furniture on the occasion of their ride practiced always on the same way.
- The urine who have a very strong unpleasant odor close to ammonia for the rat.
- The footprints are also another irrefutable clue to an infestation of mice or rats.
Call quickly a professional of the derratisation if you are in one of these cases in order to stop this invasion as quickly as possible and to avoid any transmission of disease to the man but also to the domestic animals.
Likewise if you see a mouse or a rat during the day, contact a derator immediately because this usually equates to a lack of food after a large colony.
Solutions to prevent infestation of mice and rats
1) Regarding commodities of any kind:
- Do not leave food scraps and put open packages in airtight boxes.
- Ditto for the food of your pets or the remains of seeds given to birds in winter.
- Throw garbage in a closed trash bin with a lid and not just in a garbage bag left on the floor.
- Watch out for the compost pile that can attract mice and rats when food waste is deposited there.
2) The insulation of your home is paramount to prevent these rodents from entering.
- Fill all small holes larger than 5mm on the floor but also in height around the pipes, cables or pipes outside. A pencil hole is enough for a mouse to sneak in.
- Install door sills at exterior doors.
- Repair your roof and put metal mesh at the holes.
- Ventilation openings and damaged hollow bricks should also be protected by wire mesh.
- Bring your sewer and drain lines of metal grilles and check their condition. A rat can enter a sewer pipe or damaged pipe and enter your home through the toilet: always leave the lid closed.
3) Eliminate all the vegetation near the walls from your house as it is an ideal place to create a shelter or nest and shrubs, branches or climbing plants are perfect for climbing on the roof. Mow your lawn to the shortest.
4) Maintain your interior cleaning regularly under and in your furniture, under your fridge, under your stove to remove all the small crumbs attracting mice and rats. Avoid clutter in your attic or cellar to minimize possible nesting.
Treatments against mice and rats
It is important to act quickly in case of infestation because they reproduce quickly and mice and rats can transmit many diseases.
1) The best-known solution is the famous mouse trap / rat mechanical but which does not serve a lot in case of massive infestation since it must be cleaned and rearmed between two catches.
2) Theultrasonic device is also not very useful because over time the mice and rats are accustomed to the noise that should make them flee.
3) The poisons: dangerous for humans and pets, they are also not a great help to remove mice and rats because after a few days they will turn away because the poisoned food will no longer be cool enough for these rodents.
Deratisation is to be done by a professional who can choose either a gentle method (make them run away without killing them) or a radical method.
Before any intervention, the derator will move in-situ to learn the importance of the infestation and the means to use in order to establish a quote in due form.
After acceptance of the offer of service, the deraker will place various baits in your home respecting the security rules compared to the lack of accessibility of these products to children or pets. It is therefore important not to move these traps set up to reduce the effectiveness of treatment and endanger any person.
The deratisation society provides you with adequate advice so that you will not be infested with mice or rats in the future.
As with any other intruder animal removal in your home, we recommend that you always use a rat control company for your mouse and rat problems to avoid many risks and to have positive results with respect to their pets. disappearances.