The load-bearing walls serve framing buildings and without their maintenance, the house would risk collapse. Removing or modifying any of these elements can have serious consequences.
If you want to make changes to the walls of a home, you must first be able to recognize the load-bearing walls.
That we wish to practice an opening, create a breakthrough or that we decide toknock down the wall to enlarge a room, the work can not be done without certain precautions.
Administrative procedures, preliminary study, jobs of an expert and a specialized masonry company, are here indispensable.
- 1.What is a load bearing wall?
- 2.How to recognize a load-bearing wall?
- 3.Creating an opening in a load-bearing wall: is it possible?
- 4. Can we drill a load-bearing wall?
- 5. Can we cut down a load-bearing wall to enlarge a room?
All about bearing walls