Teak wood is a naturally exotic greasy wood on which waxes or varnishes fail to hang. As a result, it is teak oil that is its best protection against the weather because these woods are the most used species for garden furniture.
- Medium grain abrasive
- Sanding wedge
- Furniture brush
- Dry cloths
- Teak oil
Caring for the teak armchair
1. This garden armchair made of teak wood or advertised as such, stayed out a little too long without maintenance. His wood darkened by losing the warm color he had at the beginning.
2. Carefully sand the chair with a medium-grit dry abrasive. Change it often because if the chair has already been oiled, the paper gets dirty quickly. A small "delta" sander is very useful for this kind of work as it allows you to go everywhere. Dust off the furniture brush.
3. It is not mandatory to return the wood "blank". Keeping some shadows can be pleasing to the eye and seems to let the wood darken less quickly. Apply the oil with a brush at a temperature of at least 18° C to be fairly fluid. It can be warmed in a water bath (with all the usual precautions since the product is flammable) to spread it more easily. Do not work in wind or sun.
4. Sponge any spills with a lint-free cloth and allow to dry for at least 24 hours (on very dry wood) before use.
(photos / visuals: © Libéron, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- How to stain the exterior wood
- How to polish shutters, windows, doors
- How to maintain a wooden deck?
- How to stain wood with a natural product
- Apply a stain on palisades, barriers and gates
- Paint an interior wall with a natural product
- Paint with a healthy and natural paint
- How to strip wood with a Bondex product?
- DIY tips
- Lasure on doors, shutters and windows (12 years)
- Exterior wood stain (8 years)
- "Natural" stain on palisades (4 years)
- "Natural" stripping of painted or varnished woods
- Saturator "natural" on wooden deck
- Treat the garden furniture and the terrace
- Exterior wood treatments: cladding
- Build a plywood bench for the garden
This may interest you