These odorous decorations can be attached to the Christmas tree or on a crown (DIY also accessible to children, under the supervision of an adult).
- Gold-colored acrylic paint, sponge
- Star anise, dried orange slices, cinnamon sticks, sesame seeds
- Universal glue
- Gold cord or string
Making the star
1. Cut into the cardboard the desired shapes:
Then paint the cardboard on both sides to prevent the gaps between the glued elements from showing the initial color of the cardboard.
2. Cut the cinnamon sticks to length on a kitchen board, squeezing the stick tightly between your fingers to prevent crumbling. This should be done by an adult, preferably with a straight knife.
3. Pierce the top of the form and attach the tie that will serve as a fastener to the suspension.
4. Stick the spices on the cardboard form alternating cinnamon, star anise and slices of dried orange (it is better to apply the glue on the spices rather than on the cardboard, so there will be little or no traces). The orange slices can be glued whole and then cut following the outline of the cardboard shape.
5. For sesame seeds, apply a thin layer of glue to the surface to be garnished.
6. Sprinkle the seeds.
1. Let it dry for a few minutes and then tilt the shape to remove the excess.
2. Using the sponge, apply some gold-colored paint to the glued seeds and the tie (string or cord).
(photos / visuals: © creaclic.ch, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to make Christmas balls to put on the tree?
- How to make Christmas decorations for windows?
- Iron and pearls tree
- Felt box in Nordic style
- Christmas candle with the scent of spices
This may interest you