Most of our office filing cabinet is made of 16 mm thick plywood, only the spokes and back are plywood only 5 mm thick. The general structure is extremely simple, since it is a vertical chest with a number of spokes that are placed
in grooves on the inside of the sides.
- Circular saw
- Hand plane
- Realization of the vertical chest
- Manufacture of shelves
- Binder finishes
Realization of the vertical chest
1. Practice inside each of the elements on the side, at the top and at the bottom, a rebate with guillaume, of a width equal to the thickness of the panel. This rabbet will allow a mid-wood assembly. Material list.
2. Carefully trace the location of the shelves. Be sure to respect the same space between each stroke. The gap between the shelves is, in our realization, about 6.5 cm (from above to above).
3. The grooves for the shelves are made with a circular saw. To obtain grooves as even as possible, make a sawing guide using a wooden stick nailed to the panel. Measure each time to accurately determine its location.
4. Join the sides with the up and down elements. Paste the rabbet, put in place, then nail.
5. The bottom of the cabinet is plywood 5 mm thick. He is simply glued-nailed.
Manufacture of shelves
1. Stack the shelves one on top of the other, and trace the rounding which, after cutting, will make it easy to take the documents. An inverted plate will serve as a guide.
2. The cutting of roundings is made here in series, with band saw. If there is no machine of this type, use a jigsaw or chop saw.
3. The grooves in the sides of the trunk are not 5 mm wide, it is necessary to reduce the thickness of shelves on the sides by practicing, there too, a small rebilla guillaume.
1. Plan the outer edges of the cabinet trunk.
2. These outer edges have a hardwood joint cover. Carry out a blank placement, and make miter cuts at the corners. Paste.
3. Carefully coat all exposed surfaces.
4. Combine all in harmony with the colors of your office.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Realization of an articulated wooden suspension
- Build a wooden child's desk
- Apply a stain on a piece of furniture before finishing
- How to make a storage cabinet?
- How to make a vinyl turntable
This may interest you