- The right dosage for concrete
- The right mix for mortars
- The right dosage for coatings
- Calculate the quantity of mortar needed
The compositions may vary substantially depending on the work to be done.
Read carefully the information of suppliers on packaging.
Too wet concrete is porous and has a significant shrinkage on drying.
Too dry concrete lacks homogeneity, compactness and therefore resistance.
For successful mixing, the water dosage must be respected.
Commercialized sand always has a degree of humidity which can have consequences on the proportions during the dosage.
It is also responsible for moisture with the surrounding air (about 20%): this is called "swell".
The right dosage for concrete
The right mix for mortars
The right dosage for coatings
Calculate the quantity of mortar needed
With 1000 Liters of mortarIt is possible to:
• Build a wall of 23 m² in blocks of 20 cm.
• Pour a screed 3 cm thick by 30 m².
• Coat a 200 m² facade 5 to 7 cm thick in one layer.
With 500 liters of bastard mortarIt is possible to:
• Build a 14 m² wall of load bearing bricks (5.5 x 11 x 22 cm).
• Coat a 25 m² facade 10 to 15 cm thick in one layer.
• Joint 28 m² of a stone wall.