The awning for roof windows is an additional equipment that allows to create perfect darkness, day and night, for naps and summer nights. Thanks to its new refined line, the new range of VELUX blinds integrates discreetly and perfectly matches the frame of the window. It remains only to put the blind.
- Screwdriver with star tip T10 type TORX®
- N.B.: a screwdriver is however already provided by VELUX
- Install the boot and the blind rails
- Mount the blind winding mechanism
Install the boot and the blind rails
1. You do not have to be an expert handyman to enjoy a tastefully decorated interior. By rethinking its installation principle, VELUX makes more than ever the installation of its interior blinds within the reach of all. The new slide mounting system makes them easier to put on. Screwing is made easier thanks to TORX® type star screws (adapted screwdriver supplied). And the blinds always benefit from the exclusive Pick & Click installation system: installation with just a few screws and two clicks, thanks to the standard mounting brackets already installed on the VELUX roof window.
2. The roll-out box is installed by fitting it into the fastening lugs already present on the VELUX roof windows. If your roof window does not have one, screw-on brackets are provided in each purchased product. It is important to leave in place the red plastic supports that keep the cords wrapped.
3. Unclip the two lower fasteners together. Mount the lower fasteners by screwing the two brackets provided at the bottom of the opening with the supplied screwdriver or a T10 bit (TORX® type).
4. Install the slides at the top. It must be ensured that they fit first in the plastic support of the maneuvering bar, then in the metal corner bracket.
5. Install the rails at the bottom by fitting them into the lower brackets.
Mount the blind winding mechanism
1. Set up the cords.
2. Unclip the cord tips from the red circle.
3. Clip the cord ends into the lower clips, making sure that the cords fit inside the slides.
4. Remove the plastic supports. The blind is now ready for use.
5. The installation instructions and the installation video of a blackout blind are available on the VELUX website.
(photos / visuals: © Velux, except special mention)
Specialist in the entry of light through the roof, the VELUX brand markets a wide variety of roof windows, solutions for flat roofs, natural light pipes and their equipment.
- Tax credit
The other VELUX® tips
- DIY tips
Mounting a roof window
Rain noise roof window (ABP)
Triple glazed roof window
Solar collectors on roof
Install a solar powered motorized roof window
All about connected roof windows
VELUX® Sun Tunnel Natural Skylight
System of peripheral connections of the roof windows
Interior blinds for roof windows
Window-dome for flat roofs
Sun Tunnel VELUX® by Lovegrove
Active Velux Kit for rolling shutters
Replacement of roof windows
Installation of a Velux® solar rolling shutter
Install a VELUX® Sun Tunnel Light Pipe
Maintain your Velux roof window with a dedicated maintenance kit
Installing on a Velux roof window a solar rolling shutter
Change an interior blind of Velux roof window
Velux Integra® Motorized Roof Window
Laying a roof window
Tutorial: How to install a solar roller shutter
3D presentation of the Velux® Air and Light House
On the same topic
- Energy performance and comfort of life: the Air and Light House Velux®
- Solar system VELUX
This may interest you