The laying of this coating that we saw a lot in the offices, gives a feeling of warm comfort more than decoration sought. Its implementation is probably the easiest and the fastest.
- Brush to glue
- Knife to coat
- Curved ruler
- Foam roll
- Vinyl glue
- Pose of the neediness
- Connection between two layers
Pose of the neediness
1. The wall needling is directly glued to the walls. The preparation of the masonry supports is essential before proceeding with the installation of this coating. Fill holes and cracks with a special, flexible coating (acrylic or elastomer). Plan the surfaces to be coated. Clean dirty areas with a common detergent. Prepare the installation adhesive, usually vinyl (to be diluted or not according to the manufacturer's instructions). Stick a wall a longer than the width of the needle roll. Spread the glue on the wall with a soft brush. If the glue is too thick, use a serrated palette to spread it on the wall, and a soft roller to spread it evenly. Do not bake too much surface: the time to lay the first needle strip, the uncoated glue will dry and lose its adhesion.
2. Unroll the needle roll. Measure the height of the wall to be dressed. Add 4 to 5 cm to the length obtained, for the levelings and draw the line of cut on the place or the backside of the edge, according to the possibility left by the decoration or the color of the needled. Apply the cut edge to the wall, starting along a frame (door or window) or in a corner of the room. Check the verticality of the lé with a plumb bob. Marble the surface of the cladding with the flat of the hand, advancing progressively towards the edges of the panel placed.
3. When the lé is definitely in place on the wall, level the falls on the ceiling, along the skirting boards and around the frame to be cleared. Cut them with a heavy-duty cutter, using a plaster knife, wedged in the stopping angle, as a cutting guide.
Connection between two layers
1. The connection between two successive strips can be done in two different ways, depending on the needle punch chosen: edge to edge or, as here, overlap. In this case, the two connecting pieces must be allowed to overlap by a few centimeters when laying. Then cut (vertically) the two strips together with a cutter, following a curved ruler. Make this cut in the double thickness of needled, and detach the upper fall.
2. Cut across the entire height of the wall. Then lift the lip that covers the second thickness of needled, and remove the cut fall below. Fold the lip up against the wall.
3. The two strips are then exactly edge to edge. Marble the fitting with a foam roller. Advance and gradually cover the wall.
(photos / visuals: © DIY-Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Laying heavy wallpapers
- Thick vinyl wallcovering (PVC)
- Wallpaper: Metallic
- Wall cork tiles
- Stretch fabric with boring
This may interest you