- Furoshiki: an ecological gift package
- Recycle newsprint to wrap gifts
- Make a gift package with craft paper
- Use rolls of toilet paper to wrap gifts
The traditional gift wrap for wrapping Christmas presents is often expensive and not really environmentally friendly as it is not recycled. There are, however, multiple solutions to pack his gifts with recovery such as kraft paper, rolls of toilet paper or fabric.
Furoshiki: an ecological gift package
Furoshiki is an art straight from Japan. This technique of folding and knotting a square of fabric allows you to pack gifts and carry personal belongings easily without producing any waste. The square of fabric is usually patterned but it is quite possible to use a tissue recovery: pillowcase, sheets, T-shirts, scarves... The furoshiki can pack books, boxes or even bottles in all simplicity. Here is an example to pack a book:
- Cut a square of fabric 50 cm x 50 cm.
- Place the fabric on a table so that it forms a diamond.
- Put the book in the center.
- Fold one side and then the other side.
- Fold the third piece of fabric on top and then the other.
- Make a double knot on the top of the package.
Recycle newsprint to wrap gifts
When you subscribe to the daily press or you usually buy your newspaper every morning, you often end up with tons of copies that we will probably never reopen. So, instead of throwing everything away, it is possible to recycle this newspaper to wrap Christmas presents. To maintain the package, you can use string, pompons or a colored ribbon. In addition to being economical and ecological, this solution is original and customizable according to his tastes!
This trick also works with music scores that are no longer used.
Make a gift package with craft paper
Since January 1, 2017, disposable plastic bags are prohibited in the shops. They have been replaced by kraft bags which are reusable and recyclable. They are very handy for wrapping small Christmas gifts. Simply slide the present inside and close the top of the bag with some tape. To make your gift package more attractive, drawings, stickers and other decorations reminiscent of the holidays are welcome.
The kraft envelopes already used are also a good idea to limit the paper gift and give free rein to his imagination.
Use rolls of toilet paper to wrap gifts
Rolls of toilet paper are always very useful and practical to reuse. For Christmas, they can be used to wrap gifts.
- Decorate the roll of toilet paper with paint, ribbons, pompoms, fabric or wool.
- Fold one end of the roll.
- Slip his little gift inside.
- Close the roll.
- Paste a small piece of paper with the recipient's first name.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- How to make Christmas garlands yourself?
- How to make children believe that Santa Claus has passed?
- How to replace plastic and save at home?
- How to organize the Christmas party?
- How to make yourself decoration for Christmas?
- How to make Christmas balls to put on the tree?
- How to make Christmas decorations for windows?
This may interest you