The installation of wooden paneling makes it possible to renew the atmosphere of a room. First you have to stick to the wall a network of horizontal cleats on which you can then mount the vertical paneling, blade after blade. The use of "Fixettes" specially designed for this purpose, simplifies the work by avoiding nailing each blade in its tongue and then chasing the nail head. You can nail the Fixettes or staple them.
- Powder cord
- Cleats (10 or 20 mm)
- Lay the cleats on the wall
- Fix the paneling on the cleats
Lay the cleats on the wall
1. The use of "Fixettes" facilitates the installation of paneling. It also allows to disassemble quickly, without damaging them. The technique of laying is the same as for nailing: the curls are fixed on a set of horizontal slats. The possibility of using thin slats (1 cm) sometimes avoids removing plinths and moldings. If the stand is clean and well prepared, stick these thin slats directly to the wall.
2. Place the glued cleats against the wall, starting at the bottom. First draw on the support the location of all these horizontal laths, with a chalk line. Check the horizontality with a bubble level. If you use a Neoprene glue, pay attention when arranging the slats, because this product does not allow to retouch the pose.
3. Place at the bottom of the wall a second batten parallel to the first one. This batten is intended for the nailing of the plinth after the installation of the paneling. Calculate the installation height according to that of the plinth. Wait for the glue to dry completely.
Fix the paneling on the cleats
1. Place the Fixer on the bottom of the paneling groove. Engage the wood in the clamp formed by the top of the Fixer and the side guides. Raise the upper part a little to facilitate the installation. The Fixer is adjustable the slot that divides the top allows you to loosen the jaws and correct excessive play of the paneling. Using a screwdriver, loosen the jaws, if necessary. There are several methods to fix the metal tab on the cleat: one of them is the simple nailing. A hole is provided for this purpose in the middle of the central part of the Fixette. Choose nails that are not too long, pushed in all the way.
2. The use of the stapler has the advantage of speed and strength. Press the stapler head against the Fixer, using the side guides for positioning. Raise the back of the stapler slightly. The staples penetrate the support cleat through the two buttonhole holes provided on the Fixer; they must be fully inserted into the wood so that there is no play. Choose staples longer or shorter, depending on the hardness of the support bracket. On a soft stand, use long staples; place two or three staples per Fixer, in a divergent manner, lifting the back of the stapler a little. Place the first staple, bending the stapler head against the paneling. Lay the second row by stapling the stapler head against the first staple.
3. Install the paneling together. To ensure a good finish, set up a skirting board nailed to the second cleat, glued against the support beforehand.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Can we stick paneling on slabs of cork?
- How to restore a paneling that has yellowed in places?
- How to keep a paneling in the attic?
- How to install paneling on a plasterboard ceiling?
- Can we paint on paneling treated with linseed oil?
- How to paint paneling?
- DIY tips
- Install PVC paneling
- Decorative plasters
- Thick vinyl wallcovering (PVC)
- Laying panels clad on the wall
- Laying laminated panels on the wall
- Wall panel wall paneling g
- How to install wood paneling on EPS insulation (expanded polystyrene)?
- Tightly bonded foam support fabric
- Fabric on paper backed in full
- Stretched fabric on wood panels
- Stretch fabric with boring
This may interest you