A leak of water, wherever it comes from, is always an emergency that must be controlled as soon as possible, otherwise the consequences will be aggravated. Wear, frost, shock are the most common causes. When it is visible, it is only necessary to repair the defective place by clogging it with a suitable product. But it may happen that the resurgence of the leak is distant from its source, the water sometimes following quite improbable routes, according to the recessed pipes. First close the water meter, then locate the leak if it is indirect, to treat it as soon as possible. A leak can also take place under a ground in case of underground pipes. These are the most insidious leaks because they are usually as difficult to detect as they are clogged.
1. On this terrace, the soil has suffered and the waterproof coating has a defect. The rainwater infiltrates and stains the ceilings of the rooms covered by the terrace.
2. The connection joints must also be reviewed because they are still waterproof, their digging over time in fact moisture reserves that just want to infiltrate.
3. To spot the defective area of the terrace floor, water it (moderately) and watch for evacuation. Without waiting until the surface is completely dry, apply with a very ordinary brush, "DIP Etanch anti-leak" on the defective place.
4. This place is not exposed to views, the product can be spread out handsomely and does not necessarily need to be covered in finishing with a decorative paint. However, the soil material is not in very good condition, it will be advisable to reload the joints and pass an anti-infiltration waterproofing coating.
(photos / visuals: © Dip waterproof, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Solutions for flood control
- Repair of roof leaks
- How to prevent pool leaks?
- Waterproofing a roof terrace
- Porous tiles on a roof
- Cracks on a roof or chimney stump
- Cracks on a wall
- Wall and terrace waterproofing
- Questions answers
- Leakage in underfloor heating pipe
- How to solve seeps of water in a semi-buried cellar?
- How to repair a balcony crack?
- How to improve the waterproofness of a slab?
- How to determine the responsibility of infiltrations at the neighbors?
- How to detect a water leak on a buried network?
- What do you think of Nidagravel decking?
- Inlets through the chimney
- How to stop rising damp on a dividing wall?
- Leaking terrace: repair or total repair?
- SEKO Moisture Absorption Systems
- ProtectGuard® stone stain treatments
This may interest you