Intended for the development of buildings receiving children (nurseries, schools, colleges...), Placo Impact Activ'Air plate®is also ideal for wood frame houses (MOB). Its high performance in terms of mechanical resistance and sound insulation and its ability to improve indoor air quality, thanks to Activ'Air technology®, allow it to meet the requirements of the HQE approach®.
Tests carried out by the CSTB (Scientific and Technical Building Center) demonstrate that Placo Impact Activ'Air plasterboard®BA 13 has the ability to be used in bracing, that is to say, it participates in the stability of the wall.
These tests were validated by calculation notes of the FCBA (Forest Technology Institute, Cellulose, Wood-construction, Furnishing).
The implementation of the Placo Impact Activ'Air plate®is identical to Placoplatre plates®BA 13 standard. It attaches directly to the timber frame covered with a rain screen using THB 45 screws.
In interior facing, this plate has many advantages:
- It is 4 times more resistant than standard plasterboard, and offers doubling walls and partition walls better impact resistance.
- It brings sustainable improvement of indoor air quality: thanks to its innovative Activ'Air technology®, Placo Impact Activ'Air®eliminates up to 70% of the main VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds (family of aldehydes) present in the indoor air.This technology works even after application of finishes (porous paint, wallpaper...).
- Used in partitions, Placo Impact Activ'Air®achieves an improved sound attenuation of up to 3 dB corresponding to 50% less sound energy, compared to a standard plate structure.
The associated insulation solutions achieve very high levels of thermal performance, reducing energy consumption and CO2.
The most powerful system combines:
- a first special MOB insulation of 145mm, placed on a vertical wood frame,
- a first Placo Impact Activ'Air plate®, screwed in bracing
- a second special insulation MOB 145 mm,
- a vertical metal frame
- a vapor barrier membrane Vario Duplex
- a second Placo Impact Activ'Air plate®, screwed in finish coating.
With a thickness of 23 cm, the entire insulation system presented here offers a thermal resistance R = 5.80 m².K / W and an acoustic performance RW = 56 dB.
This allows him to reach targets 4, 9 and 13 of the HQE approach®.
(photos / visuals: © Placo, except special mention)
A pioneer in plasterboard, Placoplatre retains its spirit of innovation by offering efficient, easy-to-implement and environmentally friendly solutions for sustainable buildings and interior design.
On the same topic
- PBM solid wood building block
- Questions answers
- What precautions for buying a wooden house?
- log house or timber frame?
This may interest you