The "multilayer" tube is the successful formula of PVC.C and copper because it combines the advantages without the disadvantages. Thus, it is insensitive to corrosion and scaling. Besides its high resistance to pressure, thanks to its five layers, it has only a very slight expansion. Bendable by hand, its high strength does not prevent it from being easily malleable. Its preparation is facilitated by perfectly adapted tools and its connections are carried out very quickly, without gripper or key. Finally, being neither welded nor glued, its assembly is reversible without damage to the materials.
- Bubble level
- Concrete drill (from 10)
- Disassembly tool
- Setting up a necklace
- Placing "multilayer" tubes and fittings
Setting up a necklace
1. Place the dimensions of the plane on the wall that will receive the pipe, and pull the pins at the bubble level. These axes are relatively short here, it saves time to trace them directly using a large level of site.
2. After marking the locations of the special retaining clips, drill with a drill suitable for the material of the wall (hollow wall, solid wall or wood).
3. In the case of a hollow plasterboard partition, position the anchor specially designed to receive the type of fastener used to hold the tubes (drill bit 10 m / m in diameter).
4. Press the dowel so that its flange is flush with the face of the plate.
5. Then insert the clamp in the hole of the ankle and hit the hammer on the kind of anvil, held in the center of the collar by fasteners, which protects the two lips from blows.
6. The neck of the collar is lined with concentric fins that are visible under pressure when introduced into the ankle. This prevents any backtracking.
7. Once the clamp has been placed in the ankle, remove the anvil that has come off under the pressure of the hammer.
Placing "multilayer" tubes and fittings
1. Introduce the tube that is to be attached into the collar and press it by hand until it forces both lips into the center where the anvil was.
2. Fold down the retaining tab attached to a lip over the tube and, by pressing it firmly, hook its edge into a notch provided for this purpose on the outside of the opposite lip.
3. The ease of implementation of the fitting assembly system by simple interlocking, allows direct adjustments to the site, even on a pipe already laid.
4. Straight, angled or tee fittings allow all forms of piping. This material is bendable even by hand, the use of a gauge of size adapted to its diameter allows a careful realization of all the courses and can reduce the number of connections.
5. The "multilayer" tube is a material that has many advantages. Its very small expansion compared to PVC C, allows the use of lyre collar type with or without flap.
6. If an error occurs while mounting a pipe, it does not matter. The system provides a possibility of disassembly without effort and without damaging anything. You have a small device, adapted to the gauge of the pipe and composed of two parts which make it possible to enclose the tube of a thin metallic slat.
7. Simply tighten the two parts of the appliance around the pipe and push the lamella firmly into the joint of the fitting, fully. The pipe is released without damage and can be reused as well as the fitting element.
On the same topic
- PER and multilayer FIXOPLAC plumbing connections
- Questions answers
- Is the multilayer tube compatible with cold water and hot water?
- What is the impact resistance of multilayer tubes?
- DIY tips
- Installation of a washbasin
- Multilayer plumbing: laying behind a partition
- Plumbing in multilayer: tube preparation
This may interest you