The installation of the mosaic is similar to that of the tiles: its presentation in plates makes it possible to handle it like a big tile.
Supplies to glue a mosaic to the wall
• Tile adhesive or adhesive mortar
• Notched spatula
• Rubber mallet
• Jointing mortar
• Plastic trough
• Rubber squeegee
• Sponge and rags
- Spread the glue on the wall with a notched spatula making regular circular movements.
- Lay the plate on the glue.
- Press evenly on the surface to adhere all the tiles.
- Before the glue dries, dab with a rubber mallet to obtain a perfectly flat surface.
- To reduce the size of a mosaic tile, cut the net with a pair of scissors or a cutter.
- Cut the tiles with a parrot clip.
- Depending on the thickness of the tiles, this operation is not so easy.
- Spread the grouting mortar (previously mixed) with a rubber spatula.
- Let dry, then clean the excess mortar with a damp sponge.
- Proceed gently.