The Content Of The Article:

We had our house built in 2005 and received in January 2006. Today, in February 2010, we have just noticed that a dozen tile floor of the ground floor (kitchen, living room, office, entrance) have more cracks or less, the thickness of a hair. In addition, the joints between baseboards and the floor tend to crumble and in corners of the living room, the space between the plinth and the floor "has grown". Finally, we find that in some places, the vibrations of the ground are perceptible when walking when the step is supported. (glasses that "shake" in the buffet for example). In seeking information, I quickly understand that the OD considers that these inconveniences are of aesthetic nature and do not cover them. However, I just realized that the work was not done in the rules of the art, I explain myself: 1) The tiling is placed on a floor heating low temperature gas, and the screed was put after tiling, as my reports of site visits show. 2) For an area of ​​73 m² on the ground floor, there is no apparent expansion joint. At the time, I trusted the construction manager of the manufacturer (contract VEFA), thinking that things were done correctly. In the technical description of the construction of the house, it is notified the following: Complementary form for floor heating, cement dosed at 400kgs, with incorporation of a special adjuvant, reservation for the installation of "tiles or soils thin". Laying on cement mortar. My questions are: 1) Can you tell me from the information provided if the DTU was followed? 2) The DO can she tell me that the disorders are indeed only aesthetic (for now...) knowing that the work was not done in the rules of art? 3) How to know if it is the good glue that has been used? 4) What recourse can I have if the expert from the DO "disgusts us"? Thank you for your answer and for your very interesting shows

The tiles can not be covered by the decennial, so by insurance damage-book that if it is attached to the frame, which is unlikely to be a tiled floor heating. But the faulty work of a company is the workmanship and hidden defects, defined by art 1792 of the Civil Code. It seems indeed that you are in this case, given the various spoils to the rules of art that you mention. I do not need to play the OD in my opinion. Address an LR to the builder or the tiler, put it on notice to do the work this time in the rules of the art, if it does not run, have a report made by a bailiff, possibly an expertise and enter the district court (less than 7600 € of works) or high court (you will need a lawyer in this case).

On the same topic

  • Questions answers
    • Understand the scope of the property damage insurance
    • How to play the ten-year guarantee when the company is gone?
    • How to define the severity of cracks?
    • How to solve tile cracking problems on floor heating?
    • Are windows and insulation part of the property damage insurance?
    • Who must pay for work on a water box made at a neighbor's house?

This may interest you

Video Instruction: Do hairline cracks in my tile equal foundation problems?