Being able to stick and seal with the same product on a building site, is the wish of many entrepreneurs. The use of an adhesive sealant is the quick answer to all applications on site: treatment of joints and cracks, caulking of joinery and soft and waterproof collages of elements. Sikaflex®-11FC + is a product that can be used in horizontal and vertical joints, in acoustic insulation and even between different materials such as multipurpose glue for their direct assembly. It is ideal for making soft collages, especially those subjected to shocks or vibrations and for elastic caulking joints. This mastic glue polymerizes quickly under the action of the moisture of the air and is transformed into a flexible material and a certain elasticity, which adds to its resistance.
- Possible applications
- Examples of use
- Characteristics of putty
This one-component adhesive sealant can be used as a versatile adhesive for use indoors and outdoors. It is sufficient if the ambient temperature is between 5 and 40° C. It is applied either by studs or cords on a stable, non-greasy and dust-free support on:
* Skirting, stair nosing, joint cover, electric strip (wood or PVC), curl, strip of flashing
* Concrete or terracotta tiles, facing briquettes
* Collages subject to significant differential expansions.
Available in white, concrete gray, black, beige or brown, it can be used in useful but also decorative joints, either in contrast or in harmony:
* Joinery joinery (aluminum and wood)
* Gaskets in areas with heavy traffic but without mechanical stress or punching
* Caulking around ventilation ducts
* Sound insulation of pipes between concrete and ducts
* Caulking between walls, caulking of cracks.
Its job opportunities on different types of materials have also been successful because it saves time on construction sites. The glued installation of jambs avoids drilling, pegging and screwing and will hold just as well in time.
Examples of use
Implementation in recovery of tiling
Before any application, check that the substrates are sound, dry, clean, free from oil, grease, dust or crumbling and non adherent particles, especially when renovating.
Use in collage
Apply Sikaflex®-11FC + by studs or extruded strips. Press the items to paste. The optimal bonding will be obtained after complete polymerization either 24 or 48 hours at 23° C for a thickness of 2 to 3 mm.
Install in the space to be filled, a Sika "bottom of joint", of section adapted to the required depth. Fill the remaining space with the sealant continuously and avoiding the inclusion of air bubbles. Then smooth the product to obtain a perfectly smooth joint surface before a skin forms.
Characteristics of putty
Versatility of adhesive mastic
The versatility and the property of this putty to adhere to most materials make them easy to connect. For spatially difficult cases, it is possible to use shims, adhesive tapes or holding accessories, to leave in place only the time of the polymerization (from 4 to 48 hours according to temperature and thickness). This type of putty-glue, because of its elasticity, can not be painted. The paint, not having the same flexibility, would not resist the pulls or compressions likely to work the joint.
Tolerance of mastic adhesive
Sikaflex®-11FC + is resistant to water, seawater, diluted alkalis and detergents in aqueous solutions.
On the other hand it is deteriorated by alcohols, concentrated alkalis, fuels... It is not usable in:
- glazing joints
- joints in water pressure and immersed permanently
- pool seals
- on bituminous substrates
- on natural rubber
(photos / visuals: © Sika, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Repairing earthenware, glass and porcelain
- How to stick or glue objects?
- Insulate, caulk with an insulating foam bomb
- Install a parquet glued on acoustic underlayment
- Admixtures for concretes and mortars
- Secure without Pierce X Premium by Sader®
- Fasten without Drilling XInvisible by Sader®
- PVC Decorative Blade Glue Bostik
- Seals and sealants CYANOLIT
- Questions answers
- Can tiled glue bags that are hardened be used?
- How to remove tiles from a brick partition?
This may interest you