How to remove moisture from a wall, behind a glass wool insulation thickness 20 cm + more plasterboard
First of all, you have to find the because of the humidity and stop it. It is necessary treat moisture "to the source".
Three causes are possible:
- a pipeline leak behind the dubbing
- hair lifts
- a lack of waterproofing of the facade if it's an outside wall.
If the humidification is light, you can cut ventilation windows at the top and bottom of the partition to ventilate the doubling.
This being so, in almost all cases of humidification it is necessary to deposit the doubling and to change the glass wool because, once it is wet, it is very difficult to dry it (knowing that a wretched wet glass loses almost all its insulating power).
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to isolate an old stone house from the inside?
- How do you know if an insulation is damaged by an infiltration?
- DIY tips
- Wall moisture problems: adapted treatments
- Wet walls: treatments
This may interest you