The Content Of The Article:

In my apartment, I would like to enlarge a room by removing a 50mm thick honeycomb partition wall. I have to keep a strip of 20mm at the top to allow the passage of electrical conduits. But, if I understood the installation of this type of partition, it is based on a base at the bottom and slide into a rail at the top. Question: to keep the headband on the ceiling I think, before making the cut, screw the top of the plates into the rail as is done for Placostil plates mounted on rails. Do you think this solution may be suitable? Another problem related to this operation is the filling of the vacuum left at ground level between the two rooms, it is made of floating floors identical for the two rooms but oriented differently (at 90°). I thought filling the space with cement + paint but I'm afraid to block the possibilities of dilatation of the floor. Do you have a solution (joint cover,...)?

Your solution seems to me very complex. It would be much easier to completely remove this partition taking care not to damage the electrical conduits and then simply hide them under a formwork if you do not want to bleed to integrate.

For the floor, you are confronted with a dual contradictory problem: risk blocking the expansion of the two surfaces covered with floating floors or destabilize the two surfaces by lack of support. In fact, it would be necessary to make a joint cover with a slat of 34 mm (ie 50 mm less 2 x 8 mm for the expansion of the two floors) and a thin strip of dressing surface, all glued to the ground at the location of the old partition. I do not guarantee the solidity of the system in the long term...

This may interest you

Video Instruction: How to build a stud wall