My roof is slate fibro. Can you tell me how to remove the white stains on these slates?
The white spots on fiber cement slates are related to cement lifts (milt). They may fade over time... or not. Acetone often helps to reduce the effect. The manufacturer (eg Eternit) may also (partially) pay for a paint job when the cover is still under warranty. These spots do not compromise the strength of slates, it is a disadvantage only aesthetic but agree-in very unpleasant...
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Slate cover: from choice of materials to installation methods
- Questions answers
- How to renovate fiber slates (fiber cement)?
- How to repaint a fiber cement cover?
- Which company to choose for a façade cleaning?
- How to remove white marks on slates?
- Degradation on stained fibroblasts?
This may interest you