- When should you renovate the roof of your porch?
- How to renovate the roof of your veranda
- Changing the roof of his veranda
The roof of your veranda is directly exposed to the vagaries of time. It stoically supports rain, snow, hail and the fiery rays of the sun. After a few years, there is something to weaken... When cracks and / or water infiltration occur, it is time to think about renovating the roof of your veranda.
When should you renovate the roof of your porch?
The materials that make up the roof of your veranda are directly exposed to the weather as to the sun. They wear out. The insulation joints harden. And materials can tarnish or even crack. The most striking signs of wear are water infiltration. Some water infiltrations can be repaired. But if they are too important, it is necessary to act without delay before more important damages appear.
But you can also be tempted by a renovation of the roof of your porch to enjoy better materials. Today you can find them that did not exist 10 years ago, such as microbead cover plates or reinforced insulation glazing. This work can be an opportunity to improve the thermal and acoustic insulation of your veranda to better enjoy this beautiful place while achieving energy savings.
How to renovate the roof of your veranda
Depending on the state of the roof, the renovation will be more or less important. Only a professional can advise you on the work needed.
- Replacement of seals of the roof. Cooked by the sun and damaged by mold, over time, they lose their effectiveness. It is often their deterioration that causes water infiltration or even real water damage.
- Replacement of roof panels. A deteriorated roof or one that no longer fulfills its role of insulation against cold and heat must be replaced. This is an opportunity to rethink your veranda, its thermal and acoustic insulation.
- The replacement of the structure of the roof. Depending on the condition of the load-bearing structure and the weight of the new roof you wish to install, you may need to plan for a change in roof framing.
Changing the roof of his veranda
The choice of the roof is very important. You must take into account the orientation of your veranda: do you want to let in the sun or on the contrary protect you? In addition, if you want to make your veranda a living room throughout the year, the roof must isolate you from cold as well as heat and noise.
- The glass veranda roof. It is also aesthetic expensive especially if you choose a glazing with reinforced insulation. Heavy, the structure of the veranda must be able to support it. In a very sunny area, it is imperative to provide protections to limit overheating and too much light in the veranda. But in winter the glass roof will bring a beneficial warmth.
- The polycarbonate veranda roof. Light and easy to install, they are the most economical solution. Easy to maintain, they have a good longevity. The thicker they are (16 to 52 mm and more), the better their thermal performance. The panels can be treated anti-UV. On the other hand, they lack acoustic efficiency.
- The veranda roof in sandwich panel. Composed of several layers of sandwiched materials, these panels have excellent thermal and acoustic insulation. In addition, they are lightweight and easy to install. Their weak point is their opacity. The fact that it does not let in light is an asset in times of strong sunlight. However, it is advisable to combine them with a transparent material to create skylights in the veranda.
- The veranda roof in microbeads panels. They are a variation of sandwich panels. They consist of foamed polycarbonate sheets filled with expanded polystyrene beads. This combination has good thermal as well as acoustic insulation while providing good brightness. They exist in different thicknesses depending on the desired degree of insulation.
Good to know: By improving the energy performance of your conservatory, you can benefit from an energy transition tax credit (ISCED). Not to mention that you are also entitled to a reduced rate VAT (10%).