Decorative material par excellence, the white stone needs cleaning, especially when used in chimneys (black smoke). It is also sometimes necessary to be able to repair a brightness without this intervention being too visible. Finally, we must take advantage of this restoration to apply on the stone reconditioned, a product of water repellent protection.
- Scrub or nylon brush
- Painter's knife
- Sandpaper (large, medium, fine)
- Filling a crack or an angle
- Polish and protect the stone
Filling a crack or an angle
1. After dusting (avoid metal brushes that scratch the stone), cleaning is continued with an acid fluoride-based cleaning product. Dilute the stone cleaner in a non-metallic container, to obtain a consistent paste. Wet the stone with pure water, then apply the product with a scrub brush. Leave on for 15 minutes, and rinse thoroughly with water.
2. Filling a joint, repairing a damaged corner or damaged molding, filling a crack, all these operations are done with Metalline. Apply it with a painter's knife.
3. Fill in the cracks, then pass the knife to remove excess product.
4. Do the same for rebuilding a damaged corner. Spread Metalline along each corner surface. Then take a piece of paper and fold it to "mold" the coating to the desired curvature.
5. Let it dry for about half an hour.
6. Carefully remove the piece of paper before drying completely. Let the Metalline cure on all the coated parts for 24 hours. After this time, sand dry all these surfaces with sandpaper: remove excess product with coarse sandpaper.
Polish and protect the stone
1. Then polish with medium grain paper; finish with fine grain.
2. Finish with an application of soda silicate or stone water repellent to harden and protect the material. Spread the pure product with a brush; liquid and colorless, it dries quickly.
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- How to clean a stone chimney Gard?
- Can we paint and paint a stone fireplace from the Gard?
- Stone repair product
- How to clean fireplace stones?
- DIY tips
- Renovation of a fireplace marble
- Tutorial: Restoring a fireplace hearth
- Realization of a firewall
- Exterior insulation (ITE) of a small terraced house
- renovation of facade stones: window, doors
- How to remove blue pen on placo
- Moisture in bearing walls
This may interest you