At the end of the winter, the garden furniture pale, especially if they stayed outside. The wood is gray and tarnished. Some parts, including chairs, must be reattached. At this time, it is worthwhile to buy quality outdoor furniture, which will only need a limited refurbishment each spring.
- Clamp and vinyl glue
- Pressure washer
- Round brush
Repair of a garden chair
1. Separate disjoint elements and re-glue the assemblies with vinyl glue.
2. Wipe the glue overflows with paper towels.
3. Hold the elements with a clamp while gluing.
4. Reposition the elements to fix (here a batten of the seat of a garden chair).
5. Make a pilot hole with a twist to prevent the slat from splitting. Reassemble the batten by screwing (use brass or stainless steel screws).
Renovation of garden furniture
1. Using a pressure washer, gradually wash the chair. Do not get too close to the nozzle of the wood so as not to pick up the thread. This operation is reserved for hard exotic woods.
7. Light sanding helps regularize the surface and replace the wood grain. Work in the direction of it.
3. Put on protective gloves. Soak refreshing oil absorbent paper (teak oil). Apply the oil regularly to the wood.
4. Apply the product to penetrate the wood. It is necessary to pass several layers until refusal of the product.
5. To treat large areas and easier access to the sides of the rungs, use a round brush.
6. The "before-after" comparison is eloquent. It is possible to refurbish a furniture apparently very degraded.
(photos / visuals: © DIY Prod, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY videos
- Repair and renovate garden furniture
- DIY tips
- Maintain wooden garden furniture
This may interest you