The Content Of The Article:

I have an electrical panel with fuses. I want to replace it with individual circuit breakers. But currently the old ones have an entry phase and an exit. While the new ones have two high and two low inputs. How should I proceed?

First, congratulations to consider this transformation that will make your electrical installation much safer. Until recently, the circuit breakers and panel protections were unipolar. They only concerned the phase (thus an entry, an exit). Now, protections are bipolar and relate to phase and neutral: therefore two inputs and two outputs. So you have to take back phase and neutral at the head of the installation, after the main circuit breaker, distribute them between your different circuit breakers, the outputs of which will feed the various circuits of the circuit breaker. This is clearly explained in our DIY advice sheet installation of a pre-wired electrical panel.

On the same topic

  • Questions answers
    • What electrical works involve the passage of Consuel?
  • products
    • Differential Switches and Circuit Breakers: Perfect Protection of the Electrical System (Debflex)
  • DIY tips
    • Leads that jump: find the cause and fix it

This may interest you

Video Instruction: Wylex Fusebox - Replacing fuses with plug in MCBs is a waste of money