The installation of a gatekeeper, for simple as it is, is part of the safety precautions. This accessory allows, in case of absence of peephole or eyepiece, to see the visitor without it being possible for him to force entry. The locking arm, being movable on its axis, automatically falls vertically due to its weight when it is released from the pin.
- Laying the lever
Laying the lever
1. Position the lever and its base on the door frame at a reasonable height if children are likely to use it. The arrow mark, placed at the edge of each screw passage, must be on the side of the door and not the wall. Mark the location of the holes with a small twist.
2. Use a 3.5 mm drill bit to make the screw holes that you will fit to the length of the screws provided
3. Perform the fixation.
4. Take a level with the height mark for the base of the pin, which should be 8 mm from the base of the lever and on the same plane.
5. After locating and drilling pilot holes on the door, securely tighten the base of the lug.
6. Fit the screw caps.
7. Here is the standoff set, pin engaged in the safety arm so in function. When this arm is not engaged, its weight allows it to remain lowered vertically.
(photos / visuals: © DIY, except special mention)
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Put a digital peephole
- DIY: How to put door hinges?
- Lock 5 points
- How to install a chain door interleaver?
- Hinge protection
- How to install a door peephole?
- DIY videos
- Install a door keeper
This may interest you