The traditional roller shutters are placed in built-in boxes in the masonry or in bookings of the shell, thus not reported and therefore invisible from the outside. In addition to the natural and aesthetic appearance and choice of blade material, they are designed to accommodate various levels of automation that add to the comfort and safety they can provide.
1. New shutters, from existing bays, can be integrated in specially designed cases to offer maximum sound insulation and comfort of use. The hulls of these chests are high density polystyrene, molded in U and thus offers a compact and very resistant, reinforced by a welded steel mesh. These boxes can thus offer three thicknesses, depending on the desired insulation. The fixing on the underside is provided by an aluminum profile.
2. Depending on the direction of winding, the shutter blades will be more or less close to the glazing of the window. In a reservation provided directly in the concrete (without tunnel box), the winding will be inward.
3. When opening the shutter, only the guides of extruded aluminum, thermo-lacquered at high temperature, remain visible. These slides are obviously adapted to the thickness of the shutter blades chosen. They allow the guidance of the deck (set of blades) during the maneuvers of the shutter. In addition, internal seals, on both sides of the slide, ensure quiet operation of the shutter.
4. The winding of the shutter can be done manually by winch and oscillating rod. The lock, manual too, is then provided by two screws fixed on the final blade (the lowest) of the deck. They come into play behind the scenes and condemn the lifting of the flap from the outside. There is also a lock that can be operated by key, thanks to a lock integrated in the final blade. Color of the aluminum blades
5. The operation of the deck can also be done electrically using a tubular motor inserted into the winding axis of the flap. Security is then ensured, closed shutter, by an automatic lock integrated directly into the trunk. This type of security is also valid for shutters with manual maneuvering.
6. The electric maneuver is the beginning of the possibilities offered today by the automation of shutters. The centralized (radio) remote control provides maximum comfort with the built-in radio receiver tubular motor. This engine (Somfy technology, RTS), which automates and centralizes all of the rolling shutters in the house, is controlled by either wall-mounted or portable transmitters with one to four channels and which can anti-shock and anti-splash safety.
(photos / visuals: © Créal, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Shutter boxes in 5 questions
- What are the benefits of composite shutters?
- How much is a remote control the equipment of the house?
- DIY tips
- What is the constitution of the shutters?
- How to choose shutters or shutters?
- Installation of a Velux® solar rolling shutter
- Stripping and reconditioning shutters and shutters
- Shutter for glass roofs and verandas in new and renovation
- Independent electric rolling shutter ID2
- ATIX roller shutter for roof windows
- Electric roller shutter for new and renovation
- Activ'Home, the rolling shutter with adjustable blades
This may interest you