- Sale of a property, why use a real estate agent?
- What mandate to sign with the real estate agent?
- The real estate agent's remuneration for the sale of a property
The steps leading to the sale of a property are cumbersome and time consuming. In fact, this type of transaction is a real job that requires specific skills. Appealing to a real estate agent is therefore often the assurance of a quick and successful sale. Explanations.
Sale of a property, why use a real estate agent?
Go through a real estate agent allows toaccelerate the sale of the property and savings to the seller the weight of many steps:
- valuation of the property's value;
- drafting and dissemination of the real estate advertisement;
- visits of the property;
- sales negotiation;
- drafting of the pre-sales contract.
In addition, the real estate agent provides his client with the advice he needs to make the sale a success.
Warning: the chosen professional must imperatively possess a professional card issued by the prefecture and benefit from the title "Transactions on buildings and goodwill".
What mandate to sign with the real estate agent?
The type of mandate:
(chosen according to the level of trust towards the real estate agent)
- Simple mandate: the sale of the property can be entrusted to several agencies. The owner can also find himself an acquirer.
- Exclusive mandate: the sale is entrusted to a single professional and the owner can not negotiate himself with the purchaser (except mandate "semi-exclusive").
The content of the mandate:
- description of the property and selling price;
- details of the agent's services and their extent;
- Mandate's duration;
- the amount of the commission and the name of the payer;
- Termination conditions.
The real estate agent's remuneration for the sale of a property
Rates charged by real estate agents are not regulated. In fact, the commission of the professional will depend on the selling price of the real estate. As a general rule, the agent's fees range from 5% to 7% of the transaction amount.
The real estate agent's remuneration can be supported either:
- by the seller;
- by the purchaser;
- or be divided between the two protagonists.
In all cases, the terms of payment must be specified in the mandate and the preliminary contract of sale.
To note: the remuneration will only take place after the signing of the definitive act of sale.