My builder laid the roof of the house without underlay screen. Is this regulation?
A under-roof screen is not mandatory except in certain geographical areas and configurations. It is nevertheless strongly recommended because it brings many advantages:
- protection against rising powder snow
- dust protection
- Protection of lumber with respect to moisture
- protection against possible water infitration
- protection of tiles in very windy regions
- protection of the insulation of the attic (risk of insulation displacement due to drafts)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- Under-roof screens in 5 questions
- How to install a roof under renovation?
This may interest you