- Necessary material
- Install rails and uprights
- You want to insulate your attic at € 1?
- Install and screw the drywall
The sounds of everyday life can quickly become very annoying: noisy neighbors, busy street, stereo, vacuum cleaner, TV, bathroom, kitchen, all kinds of noise that can become sources of annoyance, stress or even disturbances some sleep.
According to the 2nd edition of the Observatory of acoustics for housing IPSOS - Placoplatre®95% of French people want more peace at home!
Placo®Phonique is a plasterboard whose acoustic properties can reduce sound nuisance by 50%, a gain of 3 dB compared to a standard BA 13 plasterboard.
- Meter and pencil
- Bubble level
- Knife to coat
- Blue to trace
- Raises plate
Install rails and uprights
1. Making a Placo acoustic partition® Phonic takes place here on a metal frame Placostil® 98/48 (with glass wool).
On the ground, trace the thickness of the partition to the blue to be traced. Locate the location of the frames. The 48 mm wide rail is fixed with dowels and screws every 60 cm.
2. Use the plumb bob to mark the ceiling opposite the low rail.
Then trace the location of the high rail and screw it into the ceiling every 60 cm.
You want to insulate your attic at € 1?
Test your eligibility by filling out the form below:
3. The amounts were cut using the nibbler at the height between low and high rails minus 1 cm. Snap them between the rails with slight twisting. The holes in the uprights are aligned to allow the passage of electrical ducts.
4. Place the posts at 60 cm oc and simultaneously check their verticality using the level. Their constant spacing allows the screwing Placoplatre plates®. The first and the last upright are screwed or pegged on the walls perpendicular to the partition.
Install and screw the drywall
1. The plasterboards are cut at floor-to-ceiling height less than 1 cm. They come up against the ceiling. For this, put them on holds. Screw the first plate thickness into each post by spacing the screws 60 cm.
2. The mineral wool is placed in the thickness of the partition to obtain better sound insulation. Then screw the plates on the second side of the partition by shifting the joints from one post to the other with respect to the first side. Always screw 1 cm of the edges on all the uprights, spacing the screws by 60 cm.
3. To improve the performance of the partition, we can perform a doubling of the plates on each face. In this case, to fix the second thickness of Placo plates® Phonique, shift the joints from one upright to the other with respect to the first thickness and always screw to 1 cm of the edges, every 30 cm on all the uprights. Remember to shift the distribution of the screws so as not to touch the screws of the first thickness of plates. The seal at the bottom of the partition is provided by a seal at the pump.
4. The acoustic performance of the partition also depends on the quality of the door and finishes. Treat the joints carefully as they complete the strength of the structure and ensure the continuity of the surface appearance.