- What is a split air conditioner?
- The different types of split air conditioner
- The advantages of a split air conditioner
The split air conditioner is considered the top of the air conditioners. To install in one or more rooms of your home, it heats, it cools, it dehumidifies, it purifies and brings you an ideal thermal comfort. It's up to you to choose the model that will best meet your needs and your lifestyle.
What is a split air conditioner?
A split air conditioner is an air conditioner consisting of an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units. Each unit has its own fan and a hose connects each unit to it. The outdoor unit that is loaded to evacuate the heat hot air consists of the condenser and the compressor while the indoor unit which distributes the cooled air comprises the evaporator and the control members.
To install the unit outdoors, prefer a place protected from the sun, not too close to the windows of the rooms and not too close to neighboring homes to avoid noise.
The indoor unit must be easy access to carry out its maintenance. Avoid placing it in front of a bed or face of the sofa to avoid receiving air in the face. The ideal is to install it in height.
The different types of split air conditioner
In the air conditioner market, there are different types of appliances including the split air conditioner. This one comes in different versions to adapt to everyone's requirements.
- The air conditioner monosplit consists of an outdoor unit and a single indoor unit. The latter can be fixed or mobile.
- The multisplit air conditioner consists of an outdoor unit and several indoor units (up to 4). The units are interconnected by ducts that pass through the walls.
- The wall mounted air conditioner attaches directly to the wall and the ducts are concealed in the walls or in false ceilings.
- The ducted air conditioner is almost invisible since it reveals only the air vents. The indoor units are placed in a false ceiling.
- The air conditioning cassette is attached to the ceiling and is intended more for large commercial areas, offices and shops.
The advantages of a split air conditioner
The split air conditioner is very popular because the unit that produces the most noise is placed outside the house. It also offers the possibility of air conditioning multiple rooms or areas greater than 30 m². In multisplit version, it is also very practical because it allows adjust the temperature of each room independently. The split air conditioner is more aesthetic, more discreet and less noisy than a monobloc air conditioner. However, it is also more expensive to buy. Count between 300 and 5000 euros depending on the model, the power and energy class you choose.