The woodstains, decorative product of protection of wood by impregnation, are proposed today to the consumer under two types of composition: "solvent" (dilution white spirit) or "natural" also called "aqueous" (dilution water) and three durations of efficiency (4, 8 or 12 years) depending on the percentage of so-called "dry" materials used in their composition. It is generally accepted that western red cedar, fir, douglas, acidic woods will be better protected by solvent stains whereas tropical woods (containing chlorophorine), such as iroko, teak and padouk, will be better protected by stains. say natural. If the first (solvent) have the advantage of drying faster (4 to 6 hours against 12 hours), the second (natural) offer ecological and environmental qualities much higher and quite in the air. As for the choice of the announced durations of effectiveness of these products, it belongs to the consumer according to his budget and his own criteria of maintenance deadlines.
- Masking tape
- Soft gloves
- Round brush (to rechampir)
- Flat brush (cod tail)
- Riddling palette
- Application of the stain on the garden shed
- Information about the products used
Application of the stain on the garden shed
1. This brand new garden shed has just been erected. It will have to be quickly protected from the summer sun and the bad weather future not to present the sad discolored appearance of many garden furniture.
2. You need a day without rain and if possible without too much sun. Start by protecting the edge of the windows and possibly the hardware with masking tape.
3. A new cover system of the stain pots allows their opening effortlessly. Closing is just as easy. Just put the lid back in place and fold down the collar.
4. Stir the stain carefully to restore its smoothness. It is a ceruse hue that has been chosen here. It is a pigmented stain, called "solvent". The brushes will be cleaned with white spirit.
5. Start applying the stain with the cleaning brush (round brush), the areas bordered by the masking tape and those with edges and reliefs
6. Continue working on clear surfaces with the cod tail (flat brush) that covers a larger area. Emphasize the hollow junctions between the blades and if necessary, take the brush to rechampir that allows a more precise work.
Information about the products used
"Solvent" all wood stain 8 years
Product used for this report: Bondex "all solvent" wood stain "8 years":
- recoverable in 8 to 12 hours
- fungicide and surface insecticide
- water repellent
- Sun Creme.
- color chart of 8 shades
- cleaning tools with white spirit
Lasure "natural solvents" all wood 8 years
Product used for this report, Bondex "natural solvents" all wood "8 years" stain:
- European Ecolabel
- 90% natural components
- reinforced U.V.
- color chart of 8 shades
- Clean tools with water
(photos / visuals: © Bondex, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- The woodwork stain in 5 questions
- What diameter of pegs to attach a garden shed?
- DIY tips
- Maintain wooden shutters and shutters
- Use a teak oil for garden furniture
- Lasure on doors, shutters and windows (12 years)
- "Natural" stain on palisades (4 years)
- "Natural" stripping of painted or varnished woods
- Saturator "natural" on wooden deck
- Treat the garden furniture and the terrace
- Exterior wood treatments: cladding
- Maintenance of a teak garden armchair
- Build a plywood bench for the garden
- DIY videos
- How to stain the exterior wood
- How to polish shutters, windows, doors
- How to maintain a wooden deck?
- How to stain wood with a natural product
- Apply a stain on palisades, barriers and gates
- Paint an interior wall with a natural product
- Paint with a healthy and natural paint
- How to strip wood with a Bondex product?
This may interest you