Do not confuse glazing and double glazing. The glazing is an additional glass that is superimposed on that existing on the window through a frame, articulated or not. The seal between the two panes is provided by a seal whose efficiency must be excellent; otherwise, steam would settle on the windows and the insulation would be imperfect. There are various systems operating on this principle, which can be found easily in the trade but we must focus on the quality of the glass, which must be specially treated to obtain a 30% greater insulation than that achieved with ordinary glass. Some manufacturers offer a ten-year warranty.
- Meter, hammer
- Backpack saw
- Tabbed box
- Profile thimble
- Exclusive profile seal
- Silicone sealant
1. There are chopsticks that can be used to perform a glazing. It is nevertheless simpler and above all more efficient to opt for a custom made workshop, dressed with a profile of very good quality. At Isoa, for example, the glazing is suitable for interior joinery, straight or curved. it is declined in 16 different hues and aspects, which makes it possible to respect the decoration by melting in the hue and the aspect of the window sill which supports it.
2. A glass of 4 mm thick (here Eko + S) specially treated (integrated metal salts) provides better thermal and acoustic comfort, summer and winter. This type of glass, more efficient than that of conventional glazing, provides 30% additional insulating capacity compared to ordinary glass used under the same conditions. It allows you to make substantial energy savings without costing a fortune.
In addition, its performance greatly reduces the feeling of cold walls and thus limits the risk of condensation.
3. Shades of various shades, intended to frame and maintain the treated glazing pane, fit in miter cuts in the same manner as framing rods.
4. The glazing comprises here a hinge method that allows opening of the window reported at 135°, and a total easy removal.
5. The pose is very fast, and causes little disturbance. We see here the seal and the holding and fixing elements on the inner face of the glazing, invisible part when it is in place on the leaf of the window.
6. On a very light colored window sash, it is an equally clear profile that will be implemented and fixed so as not to break the harmony of the decoration.
7. The thermo-acoustic insulation of a window is not limited to the performance of its glazing, whatever its nature and composition. It must also take into account caulking existing spaces between opening and sleeping (the leaves of the window and its frame). Also this caulking joinery is here provided by extruded silicone tubular joints mechanically held in a groove dovetail. This process avoids any gluing system or other methods that require renewal at more or less short deadlines.
(photos / visuals: © Isoa, except special mention)
On the same topic
- Questions answers
- The installation of double glazing on old windows in 5 questions
- How to properly isolate a window covering?
- Solve a problem of external fogging of double glazed windows?
- Insulation of windows
- DIY tips
- PVC windows
- Pivoting frame glazing
- To put a double glazing in renovation
- All techniques for caulking windows
- Thick glass with glaze
- Perform a joint glazing
- Insulation of lost attics (blown wool)
- Caulk windows with seals
- Glass cutouts
This may interest you