- Characteristics of the mini saw
- Originality of the mini saw
- Getting started with the mini saw
- Use the mini saw
- The strengths and weaknesses of the EasyCut mini saw 12
- System D's review of the Bosch EasyCut 12 mini saw
Equipped with a chain, this hybrid saw, half jigsaw, half chainsaw easily cuts wood or plastics.
Characteristics of the mini saw
Model : EasyCut 12
Drums: 12 V / 2.5 Ah
Empty speed : 0 to 1400 rpm
Weight (with battery): 1 kg
Sun teeth (H): 4 mm
Number of teeth: 44 (Basic and Speed 50), 52 (Speed 65)
Guarantee: 1 year
Price : 150 € (with battery and Speed 65 blade)
NanoBlade blades in options: Basic 50 Wood (13 €), Speed 50 Wood (14 €), Speed 65 Wood (17 €), Basic 50 Hardwood (18 €)
Originality of the mini saw
Cutting into a worktop (for a sink, cooktop, etc.) requires two holes to be drilled in order to easily join them by sliding the blade of a jigsaw. It is now useless thanks to this small cordless saw which has a mini-blade equipped with a chain.
Getting started with the mini saw
If the tool is ergonomic, it is not what we remember spontaneously, but the shape of its blade called "NanoBlade". It looks like a miniature chainsaw. The teeth are driven around the body of the blade by the rotation of the motor. The tool can be equipped with four micro-blade models providing two depths of cut (50 and 65 mm), two types of cut (coarse or fine) for different materials (softwood, hardwood, synthetic materials, etc.).
Use the mini saw
Unlike a jigsaw, you have to pull the tool to cut the material flat. It's a little confusing, but the performance of the blade and the lack of vibration, make that one accommodates very quickly. Even with its battery, the tool remains light and easy to handle. He is as comfortable on plastic tube cuts as on branches.
The strengths and weaknesses of the EasyCut mini saw 12
- Plunge cut
- No vibrations
- No lubrication of the chain
- Fastening the blade without tools
- Accumulation of residues along the cut
- Handling boot security
System D's review of the Bosch EasyCut 12 mini saw
Even if the saw is uncomfortable when cutting curves, it shows versatile and effective. It also displays good value for money.
- The blade housing has a footprint that avoids the reversal of meaning.
- The locking flap folded, the chain is automatically tightened.
- In plunging cut, the shape of the sole allows to accompany the blade in the material while offering a good stability of the tool on the support.