Cutting pliers, manual tile, electric tile: indispensable, the cutting tool must be chosen according to the thickness and the nature of the tiles. On a case-by-case basis, opt for manual or electrical equipment.
Use a pliers to cut
- Along a ruler or cleat, scratch the tile with the knob of the pliers by pressing hard on the cutting line.
- Place the tile between the jaws of the clamp, the anvil in the middle of the scratch.
- Tighten to break the tile in half along the scratch.
Use a manual tile
- Place the tile on the board, propped against the ruler.
- Strip the tile by pushing the carriage and push so that the knob is in contact with the tile.
- Press the handle of the machine to put the anvil in contact with the surface of the tile.
- This one cuts in two under the pressure.
Use an electric tile
- This machine has a small water tank to cool the cutting disc.
- Place the tile on the tray and push it gently.
- After any cutting, it may be necessary to file the edges with an abrasive grid so that they become less sharp.