Whether done manually or by machine, sanding is an essential step to roughing or perfecting a surface. Its quality directly depends on the final appearance, even if a finishing treatment is applied.
Sanding an object or any surface is not easy. However, this step is essential to obtain a perfect result and then apply a paint, varnish or wax. It is then common to hesitate between manual sanding and sanding with power tools, such as orbital sander, vibrating, pad, etc.
The choice of manual sanding has the advantage of flexibility: it allows to reach hard to reach areas and to respect all the curves, even the most subtle ones.
On the other hand, the machines make it possible to work quickly on large surfaces (parquet, woodwork, furniture trays, etc.), especially if they are not too complex, that only a triangular vibrating sander can reach (steps, etc.).
Only disadvantage, these tools are noisy and release a lot of dust. It is therefore essential to wear appropriate protections (ear plugs and mask).
- The toolbox for wood restoration
- 6 vibrating sanders
- Joiner's tips and tricks: sand the chain in finishing
- Sand with soft abrasives
- 6 belt sanders
- Sand by hand
- Use a power sander
- Use an eccentric sander
- Use an oscillating shaft sander
- Sand a staircase
- Sand stationary with power tools
- Makita triangular vibrating sander "BO 4565"
- Skil 7450 AA Eccentric Sanding Machine
- Bosch "PRIO" Multiple Battery Sander
- "SXE 425 Turbo Tec" Orbital Sander from Metabo
- To deboss with a belt sander
- Finish sanding with an orbital sander
- Maintenance of a belt sander
- The giraffe sander for working at heights
- The triangular vibrating sander
- VENTARO 1400 vacuum cleaner and pneumatic sander from Bosch
- AEG HBS 1000E Belt Sander
- Festool Rotex RO 150 FEQ-Plus eccentric sander
- Black & Decker KA168K Sander
- Use a parquet sander
- 6 eccentric orbital sanders
- How does a telescopic sander work?
- Saw, sander, drill and screwdriver: the multifunction tool
- Sand with soft abrasives
- Sand a parquet floor
- A house sanding block
- Make a sanding block
- Sanding tools: Border for difficult access
Sand without dust
After extensive sanding work, careful cleaning of the workpiece or workshop is essential. Whatever the type of sander, all are equipped with a dust bag. Of low capacity, it recovers only part of the wood particles.
To keep a job site clean, the solution is to connect the machine directly to a specific vacuum cleaner for water and dust. High power, it sucks through the sole of the sander the very fine wood particles. What can not do a home cleaner much more fragile. Another solution, reserved for the workshops, is to use stationary vacuum cleaners with larger storage capacities that reject fine particles outside.