- How to effectively clean the glass of a wood stove with ash and white vinegar?
- How to clean the glass with soda crystals and Meudon white?
The window glass darkens as the wood burns. A clogged window is not very pretty to see and prevents monitoring the condition of the fireplace inside. The glass of the wood stove is not very difficult to clean as long as it is done the right way. For this, it is not necessary to buy a specific product, we use what we have at home.
How to effectively clean the glass of a wood stove with ash and white vinegar?
You can clean the glass of a wood stove with simple products that are usually found in every home such as the salt, the ash or the White vinegar. No need to spend money unnecessarily on expensive products.
To clean the glass with ashes, you must:
- Roll newspaper into a ball and soak in water;
- Immerse the moistened newsprint in the ash;
- Scrub the glass and repeat the operation to clean it completely.
This technique is effective, but messy. We must take all its precautions and protect the soil. Before using the ash, it must be sieved to obtain a fine powder.
To clean the glass with white vinegar, you must:
- Mix the vinegar with a little salt;
- Mix well to dissolve the salt;
- Transfer the mixture into a spray;
- Spray the glass of the solution;
- Leave to act for ten minutes;
- Rub with a damp sponge;
- Rinse with a damp cloth;
- Dry with a dry cloth.
How to clean the glass with soda crystals and Meudon white?
To clean the glass with soda ash, it is necessary:
- Pour a cup of soda crystals into a basin of hot water;
- Mix well to dissolve the soda crystals;
- Moisten a sponge with this solution, then rub the glass;
- Rinse the glass with a cloth soaked in water;
- Wipe with a microfiber cloth to dry.
To clean the glass with white of Meudon, it is necessary:
- Mix two tablespoons of Meudon white with two tablespoons of water and two tablespoons of alcohol;
- Spread this mixture on the glass and allow to dry;
- Rub with a clean rag rolled into a ball;
- Wipe with a damp cloth.
On the same topic
- DIY tips
- Tips on whether firewood is dry
- How to do without heating at home in winter?
- How to protect yourself from the cold in a house?
This may interest you