- Swimming against the current for a real swimming training
- The swimming arc, an alternative to swimming against the current
- The aquabike for a smooth cardiovascular work
- The aquatic elliptical trainer for a complete job
- Aquarunning, to preserve its joints
- Aquafitness accessories for the whole family
The benefits of physical exercises are well established. But made in water, they are even better for health. The natural buoyancy of the body in the water preserves the joints. While the resistance of the water makes it possible to work quite gently but more effectively than in the open air. So do not hesitate and turn your pool into a fitness center for the whole family.
Swimming against the current for a real swimming training
Unless you have a swim lane that is at least 15 meters long, it is difficult to swim at a swimming pool. Unless it is equipped with a counter-current swimming system (NCC for connoisseurs).
Currently, there are two technologies:
- The classic NCC, whose operation is similar to that of the spa's filtration system: a pump sucks and pumps water back into the pool. But the NCC's pump needs to be much more powerful to create a real current that allows for on-site swimming.
- NCC generated by a swimming turbine. The water flows into a turbine that propels it into the pond more evenly and with less turbulence than conventional NCC. The stream of water is also wider and deeper. It looks much more like the natural flow of a river. He is also quieter.
NCCs are available in different power levels and they are fully adjustable to adapt to the needs of users: sports swimming, swimming relaxation, learning to swim, rehabilitation work.
The swimming arc, an alternative to swimming against the current
The swimming arc is a steel support to seal at the edge of the pool. The swimmer is connected to the support by an elastic band thanks to a harness fixed around his waist. Retained by the elastic, it can swim breaststroke, crawl, butterfly, back. It is the resistance of the elastic which determines the effort to be provided.
For the simplest models, the elastic simply clings to the scale of the pool.
The aquabike for a smooth cardiovascular work
The aquabike or aquatic bike is more and more adept because it allows to strengthen the lower body while preserving its joints as it involves pedaling with water to the chest.
But beware, you can not install any bike at the bottom of the pool! It must resist corrosion and not damage the waterproof coating. Some bikes are designed to stay in the water at home.
An aquabike is chosen as a classic exercise bike: it must be ergonomic and able to adapt to the morphology of each user and offer an adjustable system of effort.
The aquatic elliptical trainer for a complete job
More complete than the aquabike, the elliptical aquatic bike allows a work of the whole body. Work in the water gives the movements a great fluidity that limits the risk of muscle or joint injuries.
Coupled with an NCC, the effort will be more intense.
Aquarunning, to preserve its joints
The aquatic treadmill brings all the benefits of walking and / or running on a treadmill without the hammering and jolts caused by the same exercises performed out of the water.
Aquarunning is practiced in the same way as its terrestrial counterpart, except that the carpet is placed at the bottom of the pool! Depending on the intensity of the desired effort, you can walk, jog or run. Performed with a NCC, aquarunning can become really sporty!
Some models have a belt or a support bar to facilitate balance.
Aquafitness accessories for the whole family
Different accessories allow to work all parts of the body. A complete workout will alternate swimming and aquafitness.
- The aquastep. The step is attached to the bottom of the pool with suction cups. The movements are identical to those of the classic step. But with water, they are less harsh for the joints while remaining as tonic.
- The pool trampoline. Practice aqua jumping to tone up all your muscles while having fun.
- The aquatic elastics. The elastic only opposes resistance when stretched. This variable resistance makes it possible to better dose the effort. They exist in different forces of resistance.
- Weighted weights. Unlike elastics, their resistance is constant for work in force. They are attached to the wrists and ankles with Velcro straps.
- Swimming alters. They are used as classic alters.
- The medicine ball. This weighted balloon lends itself to many strength training exercises.
- Accessories for hands and feet. Leggings, water sandals, webbed gloves, paddles, all these accessories enhance the resistance of the movements in the water and intensify the exercises.